GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DASH LIGHTs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 pm

may need to be in a different section but i was wondering if anyone has had their abs brake light on the dash light up for seemingly no reason after driving a while, then going away the next time you start up and take off only to return after a while again??
-also when i took my door panels off and put them back on my electric locks arent working properly nor are my electric mirrors. its all plugged back in the way it was though. when i start the car and put it in gear the doors lock automatically, then when i put it in park they unlock automatically, but i cant just press the button on the door to do any of that anymore. any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am

check for bent pins, or loose connectors.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I had an ABS sensor fail intermittently at first. Later, it failed completely. The light would go on and then later it would go off.

As for the power lock problem, could there be a blown fuse? Power to the locks may come from more than one place depending upon what is operating them.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Everything seems ok in that department but i will look over again. Thanks Fred
UxwBill: the fuses seem fine, was my 1st guess too but i'll keep digging deeper. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Another issue may be the yellow connectors on the wheelhouses. They get really brittle, and even fall apart without provocation. I keep a couple extras in case mine break. I have had instances where I touched them and they crumbled. You can solder a pigtail to them if you make sure you check the wire color code.
Back to top Go down

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:59 pm

hmm i'll check those too-thx again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DASH LIGHTs Empty
PostSubject: Re: DASH LIGHTs   DASH LIGHTs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DASH LIGHTs
Page 1 of 1