GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quiet Exhaust

Go down 
+4
Deadmanonduty
jayoldschool
sherlock9c1
HERD_546
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HERD_546

HERD_546

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I Got my 95 Wagon back from Rod's Shop put a new exhaust system on and I love the sound of a quiet exhaust system. They also had to take off both of the exhaust manifolds and replace all the gaskets.. Hopefully my gas mileage will go back up too. Just wondering if I should disconnect the battery for a few hours to reset the PCM I put a stock exhaust system front pipes and mufflers. I also used stock over the axle pipes and bent some pipe up to exit each side of the trailer hitch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theherd.com
sherlock9c1

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Yeah, I went back to stock exhaust on mine and am really enjoying it for a change.

The PCM memory will be cleared with just a minute of no power.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 pm

I, too, went back to a stock exhaust on my 94 Caprice. Love it.
Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 am

With age comes wisdom and an appreciation for the quieter things in life.Besides I like the sound
of a powerful engine and all of its mechanical bits a lot more than a loud exhaust.
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 am

I may go to a different exhaust system that is freer flowing in the spring. I am thinking about the Dynomax Super Hemi Turbo mufflers.. A pypes front X pipe system and some 2 1/2 inch over the axle pipes.. For now I will be happy. For now I will enjoy the quiet exhaust..
I still have the S&B Filters cold air intake system
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm

My Dynomax VT's sound close to stock at crusing speed, and anything under 1/3 throttle. I love their quietness, but yet its nice to be able to Make them Roar when you want to. If these were "loud" all the time, i would have thrown them in the dumpster by now, as I hate hate hate loud exhaust while just cruising around.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 pm

I put on 2.5" pipe, hammered out my cat and installed and a Dynomax turbo this past spring. I'm kinda over the noise now. I might put a resonator in. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm in the minority.

Loud is good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I'm in the minority.

Loud is good. Smile

I may go back to loud when I go duals. But for now, silence is golden. Hell, after next weekend I wont even have to listen to the whine of my worn out rear bearings. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Cadet57, I had a 92 Wagon with a 305 before I had my 95 wagon.. I had a 50 series Flowmaster for a long time with the cat intact it had a nice sound and was not loud.. The Flowmaster rusted out and I put on a Magnaflow 18" Muffler.. I liked the Magnaflow sound better...When the Cat plugged up I also cleaned it out I was un-happy with the way the exhaust sounded. Had I kep the 92 wagon I would have put a Dynomax race bullet in place of the cat...
Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Cats, you say?

Quiet Exhaust  Tumblr_m49830CUho1rwvlqmo1_500

I don't understand. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

My Lo3 car had a muffler delete love it. LOUD IS GOOD.

On the other hand, my L99 9c1, I loved how silent and stealthy it was.
Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Gastt wrote:
My Lo3 car had a muffler delete love it. LOUD IS GOOD.

On the other hand, my L99 9c1, I loved how silent and stealthy it was.

Loud is good until you cant hear anymore!
Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Well, then it's not loud anymore.

So loud is still good.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Best sound was (now Sprocket's) my old OCC. Muffler delete (kept cat and rear resonator)

Was not annoying and always got asked "what exhaust are you running?"

Cost $20. lol

Now that my exhaust exits out the rear on Jade, it's waaay better (so quiet inside)
Still love my Hooker mufflers and x pipe.

Where are the pics?!?! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
uxwbill

uxwbill

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 pm

I like 'em quiet...there's something very satisfying about a nice, quiet whoosh of power when I get on the wagon. It's very reminiscent of my dad's 1979 Cadillac Deville.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
Sponsored content

Quiet Exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Exhaust    Quiet Exhaust  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Exhaust
Page 1 of 1