GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tis the season

Go down 
+3
brokecello
toomanytoyz
DBeaSSt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm

...for drydock!

Worked on one longroof (sorta) today and got started on a second. Got the oil changed and a wash and wax done on my Grandmother's Malibu Maxx. Not exactly a wagon but it does have a longer roof than the sedan, not to mention a Malibu version of a vista roof. Wink

Then we pushed the Caprice into the garage. It, for some reason, decided to get me back for leaving it to sit for a year and won't start. I was planning on giving it a new starter anyway. Got the old nasty one out this evening and took a few minutes to poke around underneath the car for the first time. Obviously a Michigan car but not quite as crusty as I had feared. New starter goes in tomorrow, hopefully she'll fire up!

Anyone ever had to actually use the shims that come with the starters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:01 pm

You made your mother help you push the cappy???? Wink

I haven't had to use the starter shims since my 78 Camaro!

Oh, and get a Vette starter instead. Bring the old one back as a core. No one will ever know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Nice! Glad it is not as crusty as you thought!! The 'Vette tarter is pretty cool. It will not hurt you as much if you drop it on your head! :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Dry dock?

nah its the season to head south for the season
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Last starter I did, I installed it with the shims that were on the factory starter. Checked the clearance with the little dowel that was provided, and it was perfect.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Already have the replacement starter. Stuck it in and she fired right up! Next on the list is a new water pump, opti and power steering pump.
Back to top Go down
Shamoo

Shamoo

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:17 pm

I have had to shim some late 70s to earlt 80s stuff before.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 pm

what is this winter stuff people speak of? I was sweating last night hangning up my xmas lights
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:19 am

Ugh, looks like we're getting our second snowfall starting tonight. Guess I'll be in the garage working on my hitch this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tis the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tis the season   Tis the season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tis the season
Page 1 of 1