GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for electrical part.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

Looking for electrical part. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

I’m looking for a part for my 1993 Buick Roadmaster wagon. It is an electrical part. It has something to do with controlling the blower motor or fan that moves air for the comfort control system. I'm not sure if you'd call it a resistor or a module or what. If you are sitting in the front passenger seat your toes would be pointing up toward this part. It looks like a little black box with a heat sink type deal on it. Two plugs fit into this thing one running out to the blower motor. Three screws or bolts hold it on. On the black box-like side is printed Delco 1617860 STK6994JH 161 2 J 9244 Japan. I need one of these in working condition along with the plug that does not run to the blower motor. The plug might be partially
blue. If you have the time and are so inclined I'd appreciate very much if you'd look into whether you have one of these lying around. You have to remove a trim piece with I believe four screws, and the unit is held on with three screws. About ten minutes tops. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this inquiry. Sven Auge Jensen.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm

I have a couple of them. I would like $50 shipped. Check your blower motor first to make sure it is good.
Back to top Go down
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am

Whoops I goofed. When I sent you that last e-mail I assumed you had read my post in the welcome section. I'll include the pertinent part of that post here so you'll know what I was talking about when I referred to a lousy repair job........... The only issue of any importance I seem to be facing is to find a replacement for a module that sits on the passenger side up under the dash. Someone had by-passed the climate control fan switch with a toggle switch under the dash which promptly burned out this module and a wiring harness that was attached to it. The "repairman" made the mistake of using too light a gauge of wire. The rigged job lasted just long enough to demonstrate that the air "blows cold"............. If you have any experience with these types of things perhaps you could suggest other problems this might have caused that I should be on the lookout for. I'm pretty sure I need the part you offered at fifty dollars, the harness and I suspect the climate control unit for in dash. I saw where I could pick one of those up on e-bay for around sixty bucks. I appreciate your taking the time to read all this and will contact you again after the Christmas holiday when I've had a chance to discuss this with my mechanic neighbor. Perhaps he knows a way to test the blower as you suggested. Thanks again, Sven Auge.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I can get the harness, or at least part of it. It will probably cost a few dollars more. If the switch worked long enough to confirm the blowing of cold air, the fan probably works. The module may have already been wiped out before the rigging took place. If you need the head unit, (you will not be able to tell until you hook up the module) I may be able to get one for you as well for between $60 and $70. Do not dally around, the cars here are only in the yards for 45 days, then they are crushed.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 pm

I was at the yard today. The complete harness requires the removal of the entire dash, and support from the car. It is part of the instrument panel harness. I can get a complete one, but it will be fairly expensive. I can also get just the pigtails for the speed control unit for a lot less. I do not have access to an HVAC head unit at this time It has already been picked from the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electrical part.   Looking for electrical part. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for electrical part.
Page 1 of 1