GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
200OZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage

WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Empty
PostSubject: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am

Alright... I am striking out at local yards. I don't know how shipping is going to work on this thing. Perhaps another Floridian will have one? Maybe Greyhound it? I don't know. It's big - not that heavy.

Need ASAP, reasonably priced preferred; must be from a Caprice. I don't care about it having the beltline trim (in fact, I don't want it since I deleted it from my car). Also, the color does not matter.

Sooo.... what's out there?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:31 pm

I've got a dk. blue rear bumper cover off a '95 Caprice. I'll check shipping Monday for you. What zip code do you want it to go to.? I think the Buick covers are the same Roo.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 pm

All of the covers are different because of the tail lights, as far as I know/have been told. Sad Not one of GMs better ideas.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Ray

As long as Mike has the Caprice cover that solves your problem; but I believe he is correct that you can use a Roadmaster cover. I replaced a cover on my Caprice wagon with a Roadmaster cover. If there was a difference, the little trim pieces took care of that. I just looked at the Caprice and the cover butted right up to the tail light.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

I have no belt line trim on my car, so that would be a problem. However, that's good to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm

I do have a black cover off a RMW that has some gouges out of it from back boards being loaded and unloaded. It's off my formal funeral car, that I put a blk Caprice cover on.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah, color doesn't matter, I'll have to re-satin it anyway. Smile LMK about the Caprice one though.

Thanks, Mike!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:35 am

Stick with the Caprice bumper cover. Shipping should be about $75 by Greyhound. You have to shrink wrap it. The length is the issue with Greyhound. You can check for pricing at: http://www.shipgreyhound.com/
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:28 pm

I have one here if you don't find anything else. If you want to wait till march I think Justin is going to stop for a bumper on the way to Fl.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
stingroo here is link to caprice wagon parts on ebay was t boned and he is in fla.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-96-CAPRICE-L-TAIL-LIGHT-SW-BLACK-BEZEL-/121034543773?fits=Year:1994|Model:Caprice&hash=item1c2e38929d&item=121034543773&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

This guy is smoking some of the best crack ever. He says he can send it to a yard in Jax, and then it'd only be $200 plus tax.

I told him no thank you, because it's plastic, not gold. He then claims his last one he sold for $350.

Yeah, right....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

a body shop that needed it could go for 350, recall what they quoted you for tailgate glass young Jedi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I suppose that's true.

Maybe it's on FlashGumby's car. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Got a cover.

Thanks to Tim Shepherd!

Mom's going to pick it up Thursday. She's visiting me next weekend (2/16), so I'll have it then, and drop the car off at the body shop Monday. Smile
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm

good news
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover   WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Caprice Wagon Rear Bumper Cover
Page 1 of 1