GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new guy from virginia

Go down 
+4
uxwbill
toomanytoyz
silverfox103
va wagon whips
8 posters
AuthorMessage
va wagon whips

new guy from virginia Empty
PostSubject: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 pm

hi, i have been looking at this forum for a few month's now ,it's time to start asking questions lol
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Welcome aboard!

Fire away with the questions.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

My question first,where are you in Va?I am in Yorktown Va and welcome to the group .
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Howdy!
Back to top Go down
va wagon whips

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 pm

ok a little about me ,my name is pete i live in woodbridge va 22192 for now
i own a 1995 buick roadmaster wagon ( has the estate and the limited badges ) i will post pictures soon ,i bought it from an older lady after she hit a stop sign and her insurence company totaled it and i asked her if i could buy it from them thru her she said its totaled and in short i got it for 500.00

issues are headlight bucket and signal bucket left side and fender smashed in a bit

the climate control only lights up when its 20 degrees or less outside very strange

drivers side heated seat does not heat

other then these few things the car runs and drives great (knocks on woodie)

i have multiple sclerosis so some simple fixes are not easy for me ,last month it took me 3 hours to change the flat i had ..didnt think i would ever get the spare out of that hole lol
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 am

va wagon whips wrote:
issues are headlight bucket and signal bucket left side and fender smashed in a bit
And they totaled it for this? Some people!

va wagon whips wrote:
the climate control only lights up when its 20 degrees or less outside very strange
Does it stay lit up once it's on or will it go out as the car warms up? This one's probably easy...bad solder joints are far from unheard of.

va wagon whips wrote:
drivers side heated seat does not heat
Probably a problem with the heating element pad in the seat, though the switches can go bad as well. GM apparently didn't always understand what high current flow did to cheap switches, so yeah.

va wagon whips wrote:
other then these few things the car runs and drives great (knocks on woodie)
Welcome to the forum from a guy who was recently tuned out and lurking at the best of times. Is there a story behind your user name?

va wagon whips wrote:
i have multiple sclerosis so some simple fixes are not easy for me ,last month it took me 3 hours to change the flat i had ..didnt think i would ever get the spare out of that hole lol
I wouldn't accuse that spare tire of being overly easy to handle in the first place. I made the mistake of being curious as to how it came out and went in, thinking that it would be a good idea to know just in case. I'm not...well, okay maybe I am...a little ashamed to admit that I was pretty winded after fussing with the tire mounting hardware.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 am

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your wagon. I'm not too far away from you.

If you need parts, I imagine the forum members (myself included) may have what you need. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:19 pm

welcome aboard the crazy train
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Welcome aboard, you'll find quite a bit of knowledge, insight, and fun poking (not necessarily in that order) around here. Look forward to pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm

MarkH wrote:
welcome aboard the crazy train

Spoken like a true nut! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Spoken like a true nut! Rolling Eyes

Pay no attention to the mayor of Dorktown, VA!!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
87customcruiser

87customcruiser

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Welcome, this is a great place to be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new guy from virginia   new guy from virginia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new guy from virginia
Page 1 of 1