GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FANTASTIC VOYAGE

Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 11:42 am

Hello good people,

It's nice to be back on an automotive forum after so many years, this time as a very happy GM longroof owner. I bought my '93 Roadmaster Estate (Light Sapphire/Dark Sapphire) last September on Craigslist with 128k and have been using it as my daily driver for the past year. What an experience it has been! I've had some neat cars in the past, but this is definitely the "happiest" one of them all. Purchased locally from an older couple who had it for 25+ years and used it primarily for long road trips with their Greyhounds.

The car is aging gracefully with lots of wonderful patina--just enough that I don't ever worry about driving it or throwing the keys to a friend. There are some issues that still need to be addressed, namely the rust creeping in the rear skirts/spare tire carrier, but I look forward to making it 100% and then customizing it from there. I sure could benefit from the forum's collective knowledge about these fantastic cars.

All the best,
m

Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Img_1611

Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Img_1012

Serendipity96, rcktpwrd, ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 11:53 am

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have yourself a nice wagon. Make sure the drain holes are clear on the spare tire side and on the driver side there are several channels that I clean out with a plastic tye wrap.

Tom

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
FANTASTIC VOYAGE

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 12:39 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Welcome aboard!  Looks like you have yourself a nice wagon.  Make sure the drain holes are clear on the spare tire side and on the driver side there are several channels that I clean out with a plastic tye wrap.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. I will definitely check those drains--it may be too late for the spare tire side but I'll go through them all. Will search the forum for some threads on the subject.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Welcome!

Nice looking car!
Back to top Go down
FANTASTIC VOYAGE

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 6:54 pm

rcktpwrd wrote:
Welcome!

Nice looking car!

Thanks Joel. It definitely has some less flattering angles but it's a rock-solid driver and looks very good overall. Clocked 10,000 miles in the past year with numerous trips up and down the East Coast. I'd like to pick up a second vehicle so I'm not piling so many miles onto it, but space is an issue for the moment.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 pm

Looks pretty nice! If you find you are liking the wagon a little too much i would definitely try to find a daily driver if you can. I have a white 93 now but this time it’s my fun car so i can work on making it better and better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Welcome @fantastic voyage -- I own a 1996 Fleetwood that I bought in Central PA and had Paul Werking in Gaithersburg, MD check out for me. In the event that you need a good mechanic who knows his way around B-D bodies, I recommend him and his shop.
Back to top Go down
FANTASTIC VOYAGE

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Serendipity96 wrote:
Looks pretty nice! If you find you are liking the wagon a little too much i would definitely try to find a daily driver if you can. I have a white 93 now but this time it’s my fun car so i can work on making it better and better.

For sure. I was thinking a mid-90s Corolla or something similar if I can find a good one. The 350 isn't as bad on gas as I was anticipating, but will probably go Small & Efficient with the next DD.

ayilar wrote:
Welcome @fantastic voyage -- I own a 1996 Fleetwood that I bought in Central PA and had Paul Werking in Gaithersburg, MD check out for me. In the event that you need a good mechanic who knows his way around B-D bodies, I recommend him and his shop.

Thank you ayilar, that '96 Fleetwood is another dream car of mine. Sincerely hope to own one someday too. Thanks a bunch for sharing Paul's name--ran a quick search and would presume that Werking Automotive in Germantown is his shop, is that right?
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2022 3:24 pm

FANTASTIC VOYAGE wrote:
Thank you ayilar, that '96 Fleetwood is another dream car of mine.  Sincerely hope to own one someday too.  

Same here. It took me 11 months to convince the owner to sell her to me. If I ever let her go (that would be to buy a RMW), I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

FANTASTIC VOYAGE wrote:
Thanks a bunch for sharing Paul's name--ran a quick search and would presume that Werking Automotive in Germantown is his shop, is that right?

Correct.

FANTASTIC VOYAGE likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate   Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern Virginia: '93 Roadmaster Estate
Page 1 of 1