GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to: Need help programming remote keyfob

Go down 
+18
Andebe
dmg4
Chuckm513
Skier
Fred Kiehl
Eyorspt
ShamelessTR
autoarcheologist
81X11
nstg8r
buickwagon
phantom 309
chevy5seven
DBeaSSt
Gastt
YachtDriver
jayoldschool
mrgadget215
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Raph

Raph

How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 4:37 pm

I’ve checked several times but i can’t see any wires ( also in the D pillar) Maybe the exported models are
different. For example all the body bolts and nuts are in metric size
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:10 pm

Raph wrote:
Hello, i have the same problem on my 1994 caprice wagon.I can’t found the wire anywhere to program my key fob. Can I do something with the OBD computer ?
I have an alarm on the car, and when I disconnect and reconnect the battery, the alarm comes on and I can’t stop it.
Thank you for your help
I believe that the Caprice did not come with remote locks

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raph

Raph

PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 am

Another mystery ! When I bought the car there were 2 remote controls, but they broke down.
After I had them rebuilt, they no longer opened the car.
But as there's a non-original alarm, maybe it's the alarm on the car that activates the central locking.
You'd have to set the remote controls to the alarm 🤔
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 4:01 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

I believe that the Caprice did not come with remote locks

This is why Fred gets the big $$$.

I have a 94 Caprice wagon, and like Fred says, it did not come with remote locks.

I had a 94 Caprice sedan that had an aftermarket alarm system that caused a lot of problems. I think in the neighborhood of $900 and that was 15 years ago. I had it removed and thrown away. When I saw my Caprice wagon had the same thing, I removed and threw it away before I had issues. I know the wagons and sedans have issues with the alarm system.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Raph

Raph

PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm

I think i will remove the alarm you are right
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to: Need help programming remote keyfob   How to: Need help programming remote keyfob - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to: Need help programming remote keyfob
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2