GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roll Pan Brands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1lowcaprice

1lowcaprice

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm

I am in the market for a roll pan and was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand. I'm sure they all need some work to fit properly but some may be worse than others. I have seen most for around 200 plus shipping (Impala mikes, street-trends, etc.) but eBay has them for around 160 shipped from all day customs but I don't wanna skimp on the price if it means more work in the long run. Any input would be helpful thanks.
Back to top Go down

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, one thing I know is that Impala Mike sells his bumpers to Street Trends, so those ones would be the same.

Also be aware that if you do go the rollpan route, you will have to compress your bumper shocks, leaving you no protection in the event of a rear collision. That's the only thing that stopped me from buying one this month. I really like how they look, but can't risk it Sad I'm too paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm

X2 on the above. Look great, love 'em, don't trust idiots on the road..... I'd rather spend some cash on new bumper shocks/cover vs. having to pull a quarter panel out (no offense Sting.....)
Back to top Go down
1lowcaprice

1lowcaprice

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Yea I am aware of the fact I have to lose the rear bumper support but I hope to make a thinner one that could work we will see. I love the way they look and with no mirrors or handles i think the roll pan will really accent the smooth look.
Back to top Go down

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

Roll pans look great on your garage kept weekend driver but is not very useful on a daily driven wagon.As the guys said ,there are far too many idiots out here who dont care who or what they hit.Saw that last night on the premiere of Gas Monkey.Restored a 67 mustang convertible,painted it triple balack and WAS gorgeous.While out driving it for tuning purposes a idiot ran a light and crumpled up that beautiful mustang.With no insurance all he did was complain about his damaged truck,no apology just a stupid ignorant ass stare.It doesnt pay to have a modified DD in todays world of drunks,morons with no insurance and drivers who simply will not accept responsibility for their actions.
Sorry about the rant!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

The Allday rollpans are not easy to install becaause of fittament issues. The Bell Tech are probably the best, but I believe they are no longer made. I do not know anything about the others.

The front shocks are the ones that must be compressed. The rears can stay extended, but the bumper support must be removed. If you put a large piece of channel, open end toward the car, that fits over the bumper shocks it may fit under the rollpan. You may have to bend the ends slightly, or make it a little short on the sides. There is also some interference with the body along the top. A piece of angle may work better using it as an L shape. Another possibility is a 1/4 inch thick piece of bar stock with cutouts for clearance under the body.

If you get hit without the bumper, there is nothing between the back of the car, and the fuel tan, except the 3rd row footwell.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 am

I'm not a fan of rollpans, especially on wagons (mostly cuz I think they're ugly with no bumper and not the safety concerns), but I can vouch for the quality of All-Day customs fiberglass stuff. I had their front and rear smoothie glass bumpers on my Impala and my body guy had said they were probably the best fiberglass bumpers he'd ever worked with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roll Pan Brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Pan Brands   Roll Pan Brands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Pan Brands
Page 1 of 1