GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A trip to the junkyard today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

A trip to the junkyard today Empty
PostSubject: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey guys:

Earlier in the week I decided that this would be a good weekend to make a trip to the junkyard. Down here we have what is called "Pull-a-part". It is a self-service, fixed-price chain of yards scattered around the the southeast.

I was in need of a couple parts for my Roadmaster, and I was also looking for parts for my friend's '94 Caprice LS, so I headed over to Atlanta, about 180 miles away.

I had a nice trip and made some good finds. Scored several interior parts for the Caprice, a replacement center air dam for the Roadmaster, along with the 2 extra sedan horns and 2 blower motor control modules.

This yard had some interesting B-bodies...there were a couple pre-91 box wagons, several 91-95 Caprices, a '91 9C1 Caprice(minus drivetrain), 3 Roadmaster sedans, a really straight '94 Caprice wagon Cash-for-clunker.....and sure enough...last but certainly not least...a '91 Custom Cruiser in dark blue with blue interior. The interior had been disassembled, but everything was mostly still there.

Sorry for no pics but the yard doesn't allow it.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 am

Pull A Part rocks up here. Cheapest prices around and the best selection. They 13 91-96 B Bodies over the summer. They only keep cars for 6 months so they are slowly disappearing now. Hope they get some more soon.

Where are you located casue I'm interested in that C4C wagon.

I get pics at ours all the time not like they are gonna follow me around or take my phone when I enter Smile
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:33 pm

The C4C Caprice is located at "Atlanta South".
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I may be interested in some parts from that Cruiser if you're planning a return trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Man, I need to take a trip to Atlanta. "Firewood" had a pic of the '94 RMW at the PaP (South) location. I bet its picked bare by now though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Picked clean? It's not even there.

Those cars get stripped quickly..if you wait around a couple weeks to go, you might as well not even go. At least that's been my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the junkyard today   A trip to the junkyard today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A trip to the junkyard today
Page 1 of 1