GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

good junkyard day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 am

went to one of the local yards and found the blazer console and shifter for the bucket seat conversion, nice shape, needs good cleaning and color change from gray to tan, also got 7 way connector for towing lights, hitch is on its way from NY , then found digital brake controller in same truck, looked it up $125 , best was while taking console out there was $10.27 in change under it ... thats what i call a good day, and the parts were super cheap ... Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Sweet! Love a great deal. Down here in South FL it's hard to find a center console in one piece....I've only found two in 5 years of looking...rest are cracked, broken, gone already, etc.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm

I recently found 2 with remote tape player designs. One in gray and one in dark blue. They could be used for gauge housings. they even have the cup holder inserts in good condition. I have a pic of the dark blue one in my parts for sale thread on ISSF.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm

after a good cleaning it should look good, where do i get the SEM and what is the color number for tan ??
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 pm

there should be a sticky here in the interior section or also over on the ISSF forum.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm

thanks, ill look
Back to top Go down
GN1220

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 pm

SEM Saddle Tan #15033
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:18 am

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 am

Glad to hear you finally got a console Fred

Sprocket wrote:
Sweet! Love a great deal. Down here in South FL it's hard to find a center console in one piece....I've only found two in 5 years of looking...rest are cracked, broken, gone already, etc.

Wow that sucks. 2nd gen blazer/jimmy/bravada consoles are fairly easy to find here (then again, back in the 90s, seems like every other family had a blazer, jimmy, or bravada.)
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am

I have had a console for about a year. I picked that one up because I thought someone might be intersted in a nice one, and it could be used for a radio, with the space for the radio filled with a GPS, and/or a back up camera. It could also be used for a set of gauges, if you do not have gauges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good junkyard day Empty
PostSubject: Re: good junkyard day   good junkyard day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good junkyard day
Page 1 of 1