GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim

Go down 
+2
Krzdimond
Mark 96 Roady
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Empty
PostSubject: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 pm

It looks to me like the front bumper trim is in 3 pieces, separated by the 2 black bumper ends. Does any one know if GM still makes these pieces, and if so, what they cost. I'm guessing not, but what the heck, can't hurt to ask. Thanks guys, Mark.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 pm

I had a roll of it from Autozone. Worked fine....for about 18 months....

Cheap at about $30 for a roll that will do your bumper twice.

Will see if I can find the box....
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm talking about the wide chrome trim. I had thought of an adhesive trim like you mentioned (similar to a body side molding) but since the molding takes a pretty big dip by the bumper guards, I didn't think that would work without it looking crappy. If you did it, and have a photo, please post it. I can't seem to find any used trim pieces, so that is why I asked if anyone knew if they were indeed still available through GM.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 pm

I thought you meant the small trim on top.....

No idea on the wide trim
Back to top Go down
BoxWagon

BoxWagon

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am

Have you checked here yet?

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/

It may not be there but if it is you can probably get the part number.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 am

BoxWagon wrote:
Have you checked here yet?

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/

It may not be there but if it is you can probably get the part number.
Thanks, I just tried it but no luck.
Back to top Go down
BoxWagon

BoxWagon

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 am

Sorry that was no help. It seems to be out of production but I may have found it.

Is this it? Items #5 and #6?

http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/1996/BUICK/ROADMASTER/LIMITED%20WAGON/?siteid=213815&vehicleid=1022230&diagram=AA91010

Quite pricey since its discontinued but after searching it also seems like everyone is looking for it.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 am

They are only available from junk yards. They are 3 piece as you stated. I have a left piece with a tiny ding in it.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

BoxWagon wrote:
Sorry that was no help. It seems to be out of production but I may have found it.

Is this it? Items #5 and #6?

http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/1996/BUICK/ROADMASTER/LIMITED%20WAGON/?siteid=213815&vehicleid=1022230&diagram=AA91010

Quite pricey since its discontinued but after searching it also seems like everyone is looking for it.

-Tony
Yikes, yes that is it. Thank you for taking the time to look. I was hoping they would be $50-60 each, and would go for it.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 am

Might be cheaper to get yours straightened and polished. If you still have them.... They are stainless so, restorable.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Gastt wrote:
Might be cheaper to get yours straightened and polished. If you still have them.... They are stainless so, restorable.

Would be tough to make look perfect. Most yards are going to want to sell you the whole cover. If you find a straight set up grab it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim   Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roady Front Bumper Chrome Trim
Page 1 of 1