GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Install easy access door for fuel pump

Go down 
+25
buickwagon
r67northern
AzDon
RedandBlack
MalibuSSwagon
papa
Chatam/Wagon
novajoe67@hotmail.com
scoffman
Bewber
Gastt
Nick Danger
Andebe
lakeffect
COL
Krzdimond
81X11
Sprocket
95BRMW
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
jasonlachapelle
phantom 309
sherlock9c1
silverfox103
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
silverfox103
silverfox103

fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 pm

They're on the way Dave.

Tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Got'em. Thanks Tom!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 5:25 pm

I realize this is a really old thread, but just wanted to say thanks to Tom. He sent me a copy of his template long ago but I didn't need it until this week. The steel line from the sender decided to start leaking right after I filled the tank (isn't that always the way?) and I really didn't relish the idea of dropping the tank in a snowstorm.

I did drop it an inch, to ensure clearance while cutting and make sure the wire connector had sufficient clearance but the rest of the work could be done squatting inside with the doors closed. Good thing too, because the 6 studs had a lot of corrosion above the nuts. A wire brush and overnight soak in penetrating oil was in order. Plus I warmed each with an inductive coil heater, to ensure the penetrating oil penetrated (seemed like a better idea than a torch Laughing).

I found that someone else had been in there before me and replaced a section of each pipe with copper, cutting off the OEM fuel line connectors in favour of compression fittings. So the job expanded to installing replacement OEM style fittings on the lines. Fortunately there was still enough slack in the lines so I didn't have to extend them and could do it all from inside.

Thanks again Tom!

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 7:55 pm

You're Welcome!

Glad it helped and saved you some work.

Now I still have a wagon, plus a 94 and a 96 Fleetwood. I don't have a pattern for those and I know I have to change the sending unit on the 94 FW as the gas gauge is not accurate. The previous owner changed the pump but not the sending unit. I'll figure it out.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 10:26 am

I just stumbled across this post. Sounds like a smart summer project. I would love a copy of your template Tom if it's still available.

Thanks, Merry Christmas

Tom
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 11:14 am

Newer member here if it's not too much trouble and you have the template I would also like a copy . Thank You !
Back to top Go down
Bucky53

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2021 8:08 am

GM in later years installed a fuel pump access door in the W bodies. Silverfox should go after them for stealing his idea haha. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
My 01 supercharged Regal had the door as did the Pontiac and Chevy versions of the W bodies. I should have kept that Regal. Oh well.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 am

To be fair, lots of cars have a fuel pump access door. I've seen people state that these cars don't because the people that build the bodies didn't know where the pump would be located. That always makes me laugh because.....

fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 BOxMO1G

fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 GtK7TYR

They knew exactly where the pump was going.

A third generation F Body is a car that really needs an access door,
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: fuel pump cover template   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 2:45 pm

Isurf wrote:
I just stumbled across this post. Sounds like a smart summer project. I would love a copy of your template Tom if it's still available.

Thanks, Merry Christmas

Tom

Rereading this thread I noticed you asked for an email address to send the file to: tom@wwworkz.com is one of mine
Thanks in advance

Tom
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 4:55 pm

Thank you tom, E-mail received looks good

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Install easy access door for fuel pump   fuel pump - Install easy access door for fuel pump - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Install easy access door for fuel pump
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2