GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drivers window sticks down!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Drivers window sticks down! Empty
PostSubject: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 pm

My drivers button does not release after turning down the window. Normally it releases and all is well but.... I have to put my finger down the door and mess with the window when it's like that. Do I need a new switch - if so where do I get it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 pm

26 views and Nothing? Figures
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 pm

The switch might be broken. There's a little piece of plastic that retains the window switch in the down position - that's how your auto-down works.

Take the switch out and take a peek. Pretty easy to do. I broke mine intentionally, because I hate the auto-down. If you want to stop the window half-way you have to force the switch to do it, which can break the switch itself.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:36 am

There are some switch blocks without the auto down feature. The auto down is released by heating something inside of the block, and if that is bad, it will not release. If you cut it off, you should be able to go to full manual mode.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:23 am

Yeah, on all my caprices and impalas I also intentionally broke the tab off for the express down. Should be an easy fix for ya! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 am

Do I have to take the door apart to get the window switch out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am

I found this on Youtube - thx Stingroo - very easy! It;s the white part on on the driver window switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3xIVfJ-yks

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:30 am

No problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 1:13 pm

That might have been a 5 minute fix! Or less...... just a philips head and a few screws and it is now normal.

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drivers window sticks down!   Drivers window sticks down! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drivers window sticks down!
Page 1 of 1