GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

oil cooler lines leak at radiator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

oil cooler lines leak at radiator Empty
PostSubject: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:20 pm

anyone know where to get new seals for the lines at the rad?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 pm

If I remember correctly, they are flanged fittings, no "seal" to buy.
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 am

these def had a seal on them
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:53 am

If they are like the little o-ring seals for the line connection to the oil filter adapter, I got replacements for mine at ACE hardware store. Find a hardware store that sells o-rings and they should have the size you need.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

do they leak AT the radiator or where the hard line turns into rubber?   The lines that screw into the radiator are flared fittings - no o-ring.   Just tighten them until they stop leaking.

If htey leak at the metal -> rubber joint like mine did, cut the crimp off (slice both sides and pry it apart) then use a pair of real hose clamps (get them at NAPA - do NOT use Advance or Autozone stuff), and reclamp.  NAPA also carries replacement oil cooler line hose (1/2" I think) rated for 400psi that'll work.

Last edited by sherlock9c1 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:12 pm

at the radiator . I stopped at harbor freight and got some oring kits. so ill try that and some Teflon tape
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Something isn't right here. I JUST rebuilt my oil cooler lines a month ago so I'm well familiarized with these lines. The hard line has flared ends - no o-rings or teflon tape required. Post up some pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah. I've replaced both of mine as well on a TBI car like you've got - no o-rings or anything here either.
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:40 pm

well without the orings I can watch the oil pour out a 10mm washer did the trick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines leak at radiator   oil cooler lines leak at radiator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil cooler lines leak at radiator
Page 1 of 1