GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My latest fortune.

Go down 
+15
JaySS
WagonLover
Greg72
Sprocket
lakeffect
toomanytoyz
94Woody
DBeaSSt
phantom 309
silverfox103
brokecello
convert2diesel
Krzdimond
buickestate
lornejay1
19 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

I struggled with the topic title as I don't want to seem like a big shot. I really am the total opposite. So as I said I had a very good day.

Back in 1994,My New york Rangers won the stanley cup after 1 billion years,My favourite Indy car racer (since has been a true let down) Lil Al Unser was the cart Champion ,the Late Dale Earnhardt was about to win his final championship,Marge had her plumbing fixed so Alex was our 5th and final child,And finally the National Funeral asssiociation trade show was in our Province,so I was able to attend my one and only ever.

Needless to say,I loved that year. At that trade show I stood beside the owner of the featured hearse. thats the deal,The first one made is showcased,then the owner takes delivery of it afterwards. You couldn't get within three yards and Bam therre he was making sure you didn't scratch it.

So what,you say,well I was offered that very rare hearse last saturday nite. I couldn't sleep all week,trying to weigh it out. I have always wanted it and the whole funeral industry was aware. Today I drove 5 hrs one way,and drove it home. I was back in time.

This is very rare as it is what is called the Victorian. That means it has A flat roof,which is the perfect match to my Limo. It is the only one I have ever seen. Pictures don't count.

The car is prestine,less than 40,000 miles one owner,origional keys never used and all documentation with it. Price in 1994,$85,000 US funds.

Last nite was the first time it was outside overnite. It was GM daeler across the street maintained, and get this, when it arrived in his town in 1994,out of respect for its future clients,the Churches rang their bells.

They (staff) were quite emotional when I started it to leave. I took my Limo and My daufgters Boyfriend with me .It looked pretty sharp travelling together.

Mikes wagon will fit in nicely,long live the RWD in my small part of the world anyway.

Here you go

My latest fortune. IMG_0054

You would swear it is my limo coming towards you

My latest fortune. IMG_0048

My latest fortune. IMG_0046

My latest fortune. IMG_0045

My latest fortune. IMG_0043

check out the blanket so the floor is protected

My latest fortune. IMG_0044

Juwst to show the differenc in my 96

My latest fortune. LORNE494

Perfect match

My latest fortune. DSCF1239-1
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Nice, now your presidential limo don't look all that odd
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 pm

That IS a nice find. Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Absolutely sensational Lorne. That just has to come to WF.

Bill
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 am

AWESOME! They are a perfect match Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 am

Nice find Lorne!

What baffles me, are those pictures from when you drove it home? I see no snow, green grass and trees leafed out. That couldn't be so, is it?

Tom
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:45 am

car is just begging for a set of torque thrust 2's,...

Nick
"here come old flat top,. he come groovin up slowly,.." .....Beatles, come together
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 am

Beautiful, nice find!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

Looks very good, congrats.

silverfox, the pic of it with hios Limo has bare trees. The others appear to be other pics.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

94Woody wrote:

silverfox, the pic of it with hios Limo has bare trees. The others appear to be other pics.

You could be correct, I'm surprised there is no snow.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Congrats on the find. That's pretty cool. Good for you, man!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Quote :

You could be correct, I'm surprised there is no snow.

Tom C.
Tom our grass was bare until today now we,ve had a blast of winter,..things is looking more like grand valley this time of year,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Lorne,
I'm having some of those photos laminated so that every time my wife calls Shammoo a hearse, I can whip out one of the photos from you and remind her of what the real thing looks like!

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! Dave
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks you guys,and especially you Bill Crovo. I kind of needed that kick in the you know where from you awhile back. Sad

Tom those were the pics he sent me Saturday nite, Likely last summer.I washed it today,no disappointments at all. If it doesn't snow It will be doing a service tomorrow. Pics promised. bounce

I got the origional Brochers and I will post the pics of all the models. I had forgotten them but the Buick and Chevs are also featured. You guys will love the Buicks. There are even boxy Lincolns of that era featured,man they were ugly.

For those curious, and too polite to ask,I paid 6 thousand. He wanted 7.

You are welcome Lakeeffect. What a shame people are so uncomfortable around a hearse,some are true masterpieces.

I can't get a break in traffic,drive a hearse and it's like the parting of the sea.

Pull in to a gas bar on a hot summer day,instant free pass to the cash no matter how big a lineup. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Man that is a righteous ride there. It looks fabulous.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 am

Not to get off topic...but do you have a shot of the SS and new WB4 too? Smile
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 am

Hey I'll talk about anything Chris,

The SS is painted,takes a great pic,but is far from perfect. I had the springs installed a couple of weeks ago so it sits nice,and found probably the last comp T/A in exixtance at the local tire shop.

Now I have a flat on the front so I had to order 3 last week which should be in yesterday.

The WB 4 is still in MO. I bought 4 chrome SS wheels from the ISSF forum from CA and had them shipped to Mikes. Mike bought his SS wheels back.

I spoke to him last wek and he couldn't wait to have them mounted on the car as they also came with tires.

Last nite I saw where Mikes GN is for sale. I immediately thought he may be rethinking his wagon and sending my $ back but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I have no pics of Mikes but will load the pics of the SS at work and post.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am

lornejay1 wrote:

Last nite I saw where Mikes GN is for sale. I immediately thought he may be rethinking his wagon and sending my $ back but that doesn't appear to be the case.

He sold the wagon again, Nick bought it for parts.
Back to top Go down
Greg72

Greg72

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am

silverfox103 wrote:
lornejay1 wrote:

LMAO!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 am

silverfox103 wrote:
lornejay1 wrote:

Only because it has a nice hood on it,....

nick
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am

that is a sweeeeeetttt ride man!.. congrats on it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
lornejay1 wrote:

Holy geeze Tom don't do that ,I was actually almost sick. (nothing due to you Nick)

Greg 72,glad it made you laugh. Laughing

Mike and I have had a great agreement from the very start,but I am a realist and anything is possible.

I hope he pops in here and shows some pics.

wagonlover,I took pics of it today doing it's job,check back later.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Congrats on the new acqusition Lorne.

Perhaps you could fill us in on your business cars, you know - manufacturer, options, and some of the factory and coachbuilder changes made to accomodate the limo/hearse packages.

For example, IIRC the hearse should have the 9.5 inch rear axle as part of the prep package.

Also why there are raised and non-raised roofs, factory or formal windshields, stuff like that.

I suspect there are more here that would like to know more about what decisions go into purchasing a vehicle like your's.

Most anything you can tell us would be appreciated.

- J
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

JaySS wrote:
Congrats on the new acqusition Lorne.

Perhaps you could fill us in on your business cars, you know - manufacturer, options, and some of the factory and coachbuilder changes made to accomodate the limo/hearse packages.

For example, IIRC the hearse should have the 9.5 inch rear axle as part of the prep package.

Also why there are raised and non-raised roofs, factory or formal windshields, stuff like that.

I suspect there are more here that would like to know more about what decisions go into purchasing a vehicle like your's.

Most anything you can tell us would be appreciated.

- J

I will Jason. The books that came with it are priceless. I didn't realize that this model hearse was in response to the "old school" Funeral Directors who were not quite ready for the football style roof on the 93 Caddy. The car took on such a model change alone.

So they actually are an old roof,on a nwew style body. Once that group bought theirs they stopped production and they weren't offered. The owner of mine was one of those traditional Guys,

The new owners ( former employees) in my opinion are simply tired of it and want to make their own mark . They bought an 03 from Conneticut,and I guarantee they will be sorry. I have my wifes 04 DTS,and it isn't near the car.

I will post the brocher pics and codes. you and others would see things I don't such as that axle info.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm

brokecello wrote:
Not to get off topic...but do you have a shot of the SS and new WB4 too? Smile

Mike just put the wheels on Chris. He said he was sorry for the dirt but it is too cold to wash there.

My latest fortune. Rmw
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 pm

^^^^^^^^^that's hot Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Just buy the GN, too. I'll fly out with Nick to pick both cars up, and we'll race to your place.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am

My latest fortune. 646425-1-LMy latest fortune. 646425-2-L
Lorne, its not black I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nhgonzo
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 am

^^^ Is that yours? If not what is the story on it?

Thanks for posting it,It is a Different color for sure.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 am

Gonzo that one has my name all over it...details
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:48 am

My buddy went to a car auction that deals with wholesale,dealer trades,leases,insurance companies,rental agencies,donation companies, inoperative and salvage,these cars are hit or miss sold as is.He sent me these picture of the Cadillac not sure if it was running lane or in the inops lane and if it sold or not.I will keep you posted if it was sold or not , he is waiting for the next updated list of vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:01 am

Sweet! That WB4 is looking nice. Where did you get those wheels?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks Kevin. I bought the wheels from this member.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=234900&referrerid=0
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:48 am

Yeah, very good score Lorne. You picked those wheels up at a sweet price!! Shocked

Now you need to lower it juuust a touch...(lol)

Chris

My latest fortune. FRANK_1copy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:55 am

I see what you did there. Cool touch.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Those wheels aren't staying on the Buick. The plan is for them to go on my caprice,thats why I wanted to know the tire size.

I bought jason lachapelles complete t56 over Christmas,and am in the process of having the bonnies I got redone . The bonnie sunroof is a no go as it is just too small for the b body roof.

Looking for Headers and exhaust now ,keep your eyes open for me everyone.

The buick will have the origional wheels and whitewalls put back on it,and strictly be a Funeral car. Not sure about the Gran Sport badging either yet. I think I have to see it in person .
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Gotcha! They do look sweet on a black WB4. All time dream wagon for me.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 pm

brokecello wrote:
Gotcha! They do look sweet on a black WB4. All time dream wagon for me.

Well Chris, this will be a never driven in rain (once it gets here),unmolested,low milage one,so never stop dreaming. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks for that site Robert. I am not a header fan at all but Frank has said that you get what you pay for. He hasn't had any gasket problems so I am convinced.

$799 acording to the first link you posted for stainless try y..

I have been watching this thread,and thought they were the best. I am open to all opinions.

I am not sure what is meant by the air pump delete in his post???

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=237026&referrerid=0
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

without looking t the link..... I don't do ISSF anymore.... the air pump delete is where there is no provision for the air pump in the stock exhaust manifold. I had the air pump removed from my car, so those would work. FYI, I got the budget headers for $80 and primed and painted with ceramic header paint from the parts store. Just need to install.....
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:50 pm

well they say the last car u ride in is always a wagon
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 am

waynes91 wrote:
well they say the last car u ride in is always a wagon

Lorne has a bumper sticker on his wagon that says the same thing.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:00 pm

My latest fortune. LORNE615

My latest fortune. LORNE607

And these are for you Chris.

My latest fortune. LORNE622

My latest fortune. LORNE623

My latest fortune. LORNE590

My latest fortune. LORNE566

No fun buying new tires and not leaving your mark cheers

My latest fortune. LORNE628
Back to top Go down

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I dare say... throw in a FWB sedan and you have a significant portion of my practical dream garage. Excellent cars. Smile
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Lorne!! Beautiful! Smile The SS turned out VERY nice I think. The best one in town Wink

Chris
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

The old wreck looks good lorne,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks Nick. It is very solid believe it or not. I can't get over how well it works either.what a rush.

It is leaking antifreeze I noticed tonite when I was in the Garage. Gotta have a look but it is too darn cold this week.

Not a bad ride for a high school kid for sure. He can't wait until April.

Chris is being cute guys. It is the only SS in town. There was only 1 in 96 delivered here. It was sold to a guy in Ontario.

My son's friends had no idea what it was.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:51 pm

The Cadillac Limo is SOLD.If anything else shows up ill keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My latest fortune. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest fortune.   My latest fortune. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My latest fortune.
Page 1 of 1