GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many wagons is too many?

Go down 
+3
silverfox103
Sprocket
95BRMW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

How many wagons is too many? Empty
PostSubject: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Found another CL bargain I could not pass up this afternoon, so yet another mess joins the fleet. This one is a 96 originally DCM limited (with CLOTH heated seats Smile) Roady wagon. It's a mess for sure with some rust and minor rot, but its solid for the most part. At least this one has floor pans! Razz
Runs like crap, crappy black repaint is peeling, dirty interior and no power steering. Got it for a little over scrap value, so I'm not complaining. If it had been left as DCM I probably would have paid what he was asking for it. Funny thing is the guy I bought it from bought it from Fred back in 2006, so this makes my second trashed wagon that was once good enough to be sold by him.
No idea what the hell I'm gonna do with it, it does need a load of work but is solid. I'm thinking winter beater right now but who knows.

How many wagons is too many? 96RMW1_zps6c88c904
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW3_zps07f98ea4
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW3_zps07f98ea4
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW5_zps8cca829f
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW7_zpsfe9506b1
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW4_zpsb95d4242
How many wagons is too many? 96RMW8_zps60161486
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

The answer is that you are only bound by the available parking.

So how many u got now?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:18 pm

What about the white one in Joisey?
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:28 pm

3 wagons, parking for not many. That Jersey one looks real nice, but I don't think I can swing that (even before I found this one)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Please update signature. I don't see the 75 Impala Coupe either on your signature.

Does it have the last new spare rim you were looking to get?

And I think I'm nuts having three (plus the 2 daily drivers).

Tom

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 pm

wagons,.too many??

what exactly does that mean?
I only have 3 1/2,..Smile
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Please update signature.  I don't see the 75 Impala Coupe either on your signature.

Does it have the last new spare rim you were looking to get?

And I think I'm nuts having three (plus the 2 daily drivers).

Tom

Wow, that thing is out of date!

phantom 309 wrote:
wagons,.too many??

I'm curious as to this 1/2 part you mention. I have 2 sedans, either each one is half a wagon or both equal one wagon.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Hmmmm dont know if I could have too many wagons to me that'd be like having too much money Razz 
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 pm

bigbluey88 wrote:
Hmmmm dont know if I could have too many wagons to me that'd be like having too much money Razz 

Having too many of one stops the chances of the other from happening Razz 
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Ahhhhh so true;) 
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Ohh...Limited Cloth. Congrats on the addition!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 pm

From what you told me on the telephone, it sounds like the body is in too good a shape to be a winter beater -just to clarify to people who live in more favorable climates, when I say "too good a shape", I mean for a lifelong Connecticut RMW it's not a rotted out rust box like most on CL are now. Funny, looking back I thought my blue Caprice was a real rust bucket. Boy was I naive. Oh and tell us what you paid...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 pm

95BRMW wrote:

phantom 309 wrote:
wagons,.too many??

I'm curious as to this 1/2 part you mention.  I have 2 sedans, either each one is half a wagon or both equal one wagon.

I have the pickup looking wagon that roger built many years ago,.
I bought it as a father son project,.sadly my son stopped participating,,
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 pm

From the pics it really don't look that bad its hard to keep a wagon as a beater unless its completely gone in the quarter panels and to far to fix other then that you gotta baby it in the winter looks good definitely a good pick me up
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:57 am

brokecello wrote:
Ohh...Limited Cloth.  Congrats on the addition!!

Chris

That's what sold me on it, and the heat works on the seats cheers 

Lynol wrote:
From what you told me on the telephone, it sounds like the body is in too good a shape to be a winter beater -just to clarify to people who live in more favorable climates, when I say "too good a shape", I mean for a lifelong Connecticut RMW it's not a rotted out rust box like most on CL are now. Funny, looking back I thought my blue Caprice was a real rust bucket. Boy was I naive. Oh and tell us what you paid...

Once I get under it and see what it really looks like I'll decide. The worst right now is the B-pillars. The seller was asking $700, when I went to test drive it the power steering line blew out. I offered him $400 and he took it, said he'd rather sell it to a wagon guy then let the scrap yard down the street have it.
phantom 309 wrote:
95BRMW wrote:

phantom 309 wrote:
wagons,.too many??

I'm curious as to this 1/2 part you mention.  I have 2 sedans, either each one is half a wagon or both equal one wagon.

I have the pickup looking wagon that roger built many years ago,.
I bought it as a father son project,.sadly my son stopped participating,,

I don't think I ever saw pics of this truck wagon, got any to share?

bigbluey88 wrote:
From the pics it really don't look that bad its hard to keep a wagon as a beater unless its completely gone in the quarter panels and to far to fix other then that you gotta baby it in the winter looks good definitely a good pick me up
I think with some paint it will be upgraded from a beater to something more. The quarters are somehow intact inside and out. It has rust/ border line rot in the flat area under the tail gate which even my rusted out car with no floor boards didn't have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many wagons is too many?   How many wagons is too many? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many wagons is too many?
Page 1 of 1