GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 roadie a/c not working

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
59 wagon man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

93 roadie a/c not working Empty
PostSubject: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:16 pm

works great for the first 2 minutes ,then no power to the compresser. I swapped out the blower control module and the ecm . anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Low freon?
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Likely that the low pressure cut off switch is to blame. Temporarily jumper the connector to bypass the switch and see if it keeps running. If it does, keep in mind that the switch may be doing it's job and may be indicating a system pressure issue. Or, the switch is bad.

Something else to check is the A/C relay. Should be mounted next to the fuel pump relay under the hood by the firewall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:56 pm

I wrote a long primer on our AC system: http://www.buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26737

From what you describe, I would suspect a blockage in the system causing extremely high pressure, tripping the high pressure cut-off. Or low refrigerant causing a low pressure condition when the compressor draws it down. Does the system cycle?

What you need is to check the pressures with a gauge set. If you can get ahold of a proper scan tool, check the raw data stream on the HP switch. Once you have some idea of what is going on, look at the second last post on the second page of that thread for some troubleshooting tips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:30 pm

buickwagon wrote:
I wrote a long primer on our AC system: http://www.buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26737

From what you describe, I would suspect a blockage in the system causing extremely high pressure, tripping the high pressure cut-off. Or low refrigerant causing a low pressure condition when the compressor draws it down. Does the system cycle?

What you need is to check the pressures with a gauge set. If you can get ahold of a proper scan tool, check the raw data stream on the HP switch. Once you have some idea of what is going on, look at the second last post on the second page of that thread for some troubleshooting tips.
Is there any other way you write!?lol!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:31 am

The AC tutorial is admittedly long even by my standards.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Jeff, I have a set of gauges if you need 'em
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

pressure is fine, it blows cold for a few then the comp stops
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 am

Does it still have voltage at the connector when the compressor stops? If so, is the ground still good at the connector?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:20 am

59 wagon man wrote:
pressure is fine,
What are the pressures (high and low) when it quits? Does it cycle back on eventually, only after sitting for a while, immediately after cycling the key, or ???

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm

He told me if he turns off the motor for a couple minutes, on star it'll run again fine for a couple minutes then the compressor stops, blower still blows. I suggested swapping the relay module under the dash with the parts car he took the motor from as the AC was working fine in that one. I assume it didn't help as he posted several hours after we spoke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadie a/c not working   93 roadie a/c not working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 roadie a/c not working
Page 1 of 1