GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from York, PA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cbshea13

cbshea13

New member from York, PA Empty
PostSubject: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Hey All!

My name is Chris, and I got here in a strange way.  A while back, a gentleman rang our doorbell.  He asked if the Caprice Wagon belonged to someone that lived here.  My mother informed him that the car was mine, but I was unable to come to the door (haha, I was in the shower).  He handed my mother a card with the website information.  (This was done quite some time ago, I just have been super busy with things non-computer related for a while - very awesome, very long story! haha).

So, I have a 93 Chevy Caprice Classic Wagon with a huge 5.0L engine.  How I received this car is an experience in itself.  

About two and a half years ago, I lost my wife of 11 years to cancer.  We had a Windstar (I still hate even typing/saying that word), that I ended up not needing, so I donated to the Salvation Army about 3 months after I lost my wife.  I had been on disability for 8 years or so at that point.  My daughters started doing more extracurricular activities, and I noticed I would soon be needing a vehicle.  A close friend of our family ended up buying a new Chevy.  I received a call out of the blue in May of 2012, asking if I would be interested in a 93 Caprice.  I asked what they were looking for in terms of money - to which I was told, my money was no good for that.  They wanted to give me the car.  I was so happy, not only to be getting a car, but rather a nice BIG car (I had a 76 Chrysler Newport Custom for a long time, that I ended up giving to my father and he traded it in on a new car for himself!  I do miss that car!).  The car was lightly driven for first 18 years of ownership (55,000 miles on it when I got the car).  It now has 61,000 on it, and will be going higher!  (After 10+ years on disability, I have returned to work (OMG I missed working, yes you read that right).

So to the gentleman who came by our house - thank you! (I just wish your name was on the card!)  It's nice to see like minded people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I wonder if that was Tim.

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Welcome to the group Chris,sorry to hear about your wife.We love our wagons here but I quess you already know that.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Welcome aboard, man! Smile

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Good to hear that you have recovered enough to return to the workforce. Smile

And... Uhm... Yeaaaahhhhhh... I'm going to go ahead. And ask you. To come in. Saturday. Yeaaaahhhh... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Cool story! I had a guy who just bought a 63K wagon ring my doorbell tonight so that's a weird opposite parallel (if such a thing exists).

Welcome aboard, Sounds like a great car. Post up pics when you can.

Careful with that 5.0, the torque will snap your neck, lol (I own a couple with 5.0s)
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate the condolences, but the kids and I are loving life now, remembering the good times. I'll be sure to get some pics up (after my 7 days..got a thing telling me on that forum that I have to wait 7 days!) when I can.

Bill: Oddly enough, I did have to work this morning! Also going in all day tomorrow, haha!

Sprocket: No doubt! Is a weird opposite something!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Chris,

Hello from Lewisberry and yes I am the unabashed wagon kook that stopped by and dropped a card. Your dad seems like a great guy, retired law enforcement if I remember correctly. Cannot remember why I was going through your neighborhood and exactly where you are, but I remember your dad.

Sorry to hear about your wife, I cannot image what you went through. Since we are so close getting together would be a must. As Ray pointed out my name is Tim, will PM you my phone number.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:35 pm

go to the pics and video section and read the sticky. if you use photobucket you should be able to post up right away
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:41 pm

I agree... the *links* are disabled (SPAM filter), but the [img] tags should still work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from York, PA   New member from York, PA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from York, PA
Page 1 of 1