GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need door latch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 am

The passengers's side front door latch has broken, and is in need of replacement.
If you have one handy, shoot me a PM so I can get under way to fix the damn thing.

Dave
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

B pillar post or the latch mechanism inside the door?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 am

Good question Mike. Probably best to answer both. I need the mechanism itself, but by the time the door actually gets opened, the post may be in bad shape as well.

So I'll answer "Both Please"
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I can get one. It will have the lock motor, unless you do not want it. I do not know how much right now. Shipping should be about $15.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks Fred. I am not in need of the electrical components or rods, just the actual latching portion that gets bolted to the rear edge of the door panel. I believe thee are three bolts to hold it in place
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:33 pm

I can't detach the rods without damaging the clips. I can detach the inside latch plate and lock motor from the latch.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:21 am

Do you still need the door latch? I have one with the striker. The rods are still on it, and difficult to remove without damaging the rod end clips.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for the reminder Fred. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner with an update.
One of the other guys has already come though with what I need via PM. Hopefully it gets repaired within the next week.

Thanks again for the kind offer.

Dave

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need door latch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need door latch   Need door latch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need door latch
Page 1 of 1