GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

remote start and keyless entry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

remote start and keyless entry Empty
PostSubject: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I want to put a remote start in my 91 OCC but am not sure if its possible I have an LT1 off of a 94 caprice in it now and I also want to have keyless entry(not sure if remote starts include keyless entry)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am

probably better to check your area for installers,.
easy enough install to do,.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:43 am

I have a basic Viper "system" in my 92 OCC. Mine didn't have factory keyless, the install added that as well as remote start. If I recall, the kit itself was around $100 or less but that was several years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:53 am

My 91 occ came with it. Works great, but couldn't even tell you the name of the manufacturer. In fact it's installed so well I don't even know where it is!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:41 am

I've used a few off the shelf cheap kits before (Ready Start for the most part, made by DEI who makes a bunch of the other brands too) and for the most part have been happy with them. The wiring looks daunting but if you take your time with it it's not that bad. Also, I bought a harness off Amazon that plugs between the ignition switch and the wiring harness so you don' have to splice those wires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: remote start and keyless entry   remote start and keyless entry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

remote start and keyless entry
Page 1 of 1