GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Empty
PostSubject: weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster    weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm

my radio doesn't work but the lights go on. My gate ajar light stays on and if that's not on the lights in the back where the tail gate is will magically go on and not go off unscrewed one of them. Along with that when I turn my blinker on to go left or right my seat belt dude fades in and out even if I'm wearing it. I'm very puzzled as to what could make all these things happen.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster    weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 pm

bad grounds or shorts most likely. Check/clean all your grounds and looked for pinched or comprmised wires
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster    weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:26 pm

For this quest you will need a cross and about 2 oz of holy water. Electrical system exorcism.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster    weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:04 pm

You probably have a bad ground, and the circuits are finding a ground through other circuits. It is probably the ground under the e-brake pedal, behind the kick panel (there are two of them). The fact that you are in CT is a good reason to suspect grounds. Salt and rust are not compatible with electricity. You may have more than one ground issue, so check all of them on the left side of the car. There is also one on the D pillar behind the storage compartment panel. You can run another wire from the original ground, and put a screw in the metal nearby if it is too rusty.

Whenever there are weird electrical issues, it is usually a bad ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster    weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weird things going on with my 93 roadmaster
Page 1 of 1