GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
randumnumber

Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Empty
PostSubject: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Wagons going to the shop soon for paint, I've removed all of the bump strips around the car, it turns out that the bump strip under each tail light is hiding 2 screws which hold the bumper cover onto a bracket.. I want to delete all the bump trim from the car.. How can I hide these or re-secure the bumper cover in another way? Has anyone else dealt with this, ideas?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 pm

A rear roll pan is one answer I intend one for my wagon. You can find these on "ebay","Mikes Impala" and "Street Trends".
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

To use the roll pan, you have to have Caprice or OCC tail lights. The roll pans are made for the Caprice, and the Buick tails will leave a gap between the bottom of the bezel, and the top of the pan corner. The other option is to get a set of pristine ones from the junk yard or another owner who is deleting his trim. I have one that is not dented. I believe it is a driver's side. I will check if you are interested, and give you a price.
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
To use the roll pan, you have to have Caprice or OCC tail lights. The roll pans are made for the Caprice, and the Buick tails will leave a gap between the bottom of the bezel, and the top of the pan corner. The other option is to get a set of pristine ones from the junk yard or another owner who is deleting his trim. I have one that is not dented. I believe it is a driver's side. I will check if you are interested, and give you a price.
I have caprice tail lights, however the black bezel on the driver size is cracked big time. If you have one that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:32 pm

I have a passenger's side tail light for $65 shipped. The lens is a little foggy. I sanded mine with 400 grit, and sprayed them with clear coat for a like new look.
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:44 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have a passenger's side tail light for $65 shipped. The lens is a little foggy. I sanded mine with 400 grit, and sprayed them with clear coat for a like new look.
Thanks for the offer, but i just need the driver side. I am going to take a closer look at the way this thing is mounted, if the smoothy roll pan doesnt need screws in that location then maybe there is another way to secure it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:13 am

I already sold the driver's side that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The smoothies do not use screws in that area. I have a smoothie on my 91, and the only screws are the ones to hold it to the quarter panel, and bolts across the gate threshold. I have a piece of bar stock across the threshold to hold the cover flat, as well as reinforce it so that the bolts do not pull through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(   Trim under tail light was hiding screws :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trim under tail light was hiding screws :(
Page 1 of 1