GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Empty
PostSubject: RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????   RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Thinking of putting a Caprice front bumper on my 93 RMW (smoother look)--and changing my grill over to caprice for the fit (RMW grill would hit top of Caprice front bumper)--question will the Caprice grill fit and HAS ANYONE USED A BILLET GRILL INSERT WITH A CAPRICE GRILL ON A RMW/CAPRICE FRONT BUMPER?????? Tons of caprice inserts on ebay..........my wagon will never win any awards but it sure is fun to drive and tinker with...thanks Tom W  santa 
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????   RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

The Caprice grill will fit with the Caprice bumper. You also need the grille support. The bumper support (steel part under the cover) is different as well.

I do not know anyone who used the insert with the Caprice grille, but a lot of people have used them with the impala grille that is a direct replacement for the Caprice grille.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Downward

Dr. Downward

PostSubject: Re: RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????   RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:17 am

I have hollowed out caprice grilles before, it should work out good, I just built a custom grille for my wagon so I have the stock grille if you want to experiment with one. Pay the shipping and it's yours.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????   RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:57 am

i did one before after you cut the canter out of the caprice grile you will need to do some body work to fill in the holes that are left where the center met the out side edge
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????   RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMW-Caprice Grill/Bumper swap questions??????
Page 1 of 1