GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to forum with 96 RMW

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
71novaguy

New to forum with 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello all. Found this site from another forum. Some good info on both, so nothing better than getting as much info from you all as possible.

I picked up my wagon back a little over a month ago. I used to ride around in a 94 lesabre until one day, I was sitting at a wendys and saw a wagon. I decided I wanted one (I have always liked wagons, but never really went looking for one). So, I got the ball rolling and sold the lesabre right away. Had to wait about a month for the right deal to come around. Found a few wagons in the $2500 range with 130-150k miles, but all needed some work and the owners would not come down on the price.

Craigslist finally turned up this "beauty". Sure it needed some work, but it only had 95k and was only $1000.
So far, replaced the tires, steering linkage, water pump, radiator, distributor, wires, plugs, coil, front fender and did the fuel sending unit mod.
I was able to get some slightly better door panels from the junkyard and replaced the window rollers then tinted 20% all around. Guess I'm a sucker for fixer-uppers. Anyways, look forward to keeping up on this old beast. Getting ready to go on a 3k road trip. Can't wait.

New to forum with 96 RMW IMG_1629_zpsd0286118

New to forum with 96 RMW IMG_1626_zps30bdb129

New to forum with 96 RMW Tint_zpsbba4b93a
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Very nice wood delete!

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Good score and good save! Amazing what little money coupled with a good amount of elbow grease can yield. I recently did the same thing on a Craigslist Thunderbird LX. $600 purchase price, about $600 of replacement parts, quite a few hours wrenching and my kids have a real decent, fully loaded car to roll around in.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Nice ride!
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

Gotta love the no-wood and low purchase price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:14 am

Nice looking wagon you found,welcome to the group.Have a great trip too.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 am

I actually wanted a woody (blue preferably), but just couldn't find my deal. I do like the looks of the delete, but the white has to go. I've gone through and fixed what little water leaks and rust I could find. I'm trying to preserve it for a few years till I get enough money in my car fund to mod it how I like. I think this car with some copper paint would be killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum with 96 RMW   New to forum with 96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to forum with 96 RMW
Page 1 of 1