GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member in Florida

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DUKTAPEKID

New member in Florida Empty
PostSubject: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi: My name is Bill. Just joined from Central Florida. Graybeard who loves Harleys, sleepers, oddballs, ( drove a real nice 350 Checker for last 3 years.) had a 327 4 speed 67 Chevelle plain wrapper wagon when it was 3 years old. ( Surprised MANY folks on the street and strip) Then a 396 caprice wagon, and lots of unusual stuff, lots of wagons. Drove a taxi back in the 70's and ALWAYS had a GM wagon, SO handy, got lots of extra calls. Now I am in the process of buying a REALY longroof wagon for a service truck/daily driver for the shop/lot, a 94 Fleetwood Brougham Hearse with LT1. Now that's long!. Anyway, I was looking up about putting a trailer hitch on it for towing a bit, I am assuming they are the same frame as the regular wagons, but I won't know til next week when it's here. Planning on some glasspacks and some old fashioned wheels ( not into the 24's and such), too old I guess, just maybe some 17's amooth, chrome, or brushed with matching paint center areas. Then maybe the usual few underhood things for gas, air , and power improvements, which I usually make myself. Anyhow, that's about all I got to say today, but I'll be sure to be on here needing some help and info soon as I get the new wagon. Thanks in advance, Billy.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Welcome Billy!Sounds like you have had the GM wagon addiction for a long time.Bet that 327 4 speed
Chevelle wagon would be nice to have again and worth a ton of money too!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:57 pm

I have been looking for a Checker...... for YEARS......

Welcome to the neighborhood!

You going to be able to make it to the wagonfest in Daytona this March?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome..
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 am

Welcome aboard! Yeah a Fleetwood Hearse in the mix at Daytona would draw some attention. I'd ve to see it. Check out the Wagonfest thread for details.......

I would think they probably stretched the fleetwood frame for the hears as it was different that a stock sedan and the longer wheelbase probably wouldn't work on a wagon frame......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in Florida   New member in Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member in Florida
Page 1 of 1