GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Empty
PostSubject: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Welp my 96' RMW is down with a bent  KMC 820SS I hit a pothole and I'm wait to see what the Boro is going to do (probably not a damn thing)

But I feel like a noob for asking but what is the ideal winter wheel for our RMW's?

And 2nd question is I do plan on ordering new wheels I would love some input on what would look best as far as sizes and offsets and all that good stuff...

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-15-40_zpsdnbd7duz

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-15-08_zpsru23ityg

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Screenshot_2014-02-12-21-13-10_zpsvasco6du

These are what I am looking into getting...
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:54 pm

From what i've read most would recommend 17" or 18" max so you can run a reasonable profile for daily driving.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:49 pm

The larger the tire on the rim, the less likely you will damage the rim if you hit a pothole. Run 17s with a 235/65/17. They are 29 inch tires, fit under the fenders, and make for a plush ride. I am running them on my 92 OCC, and really like them. If you have a lowered car the stock impala 255/50s are 27 inch tires.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks a lot Fred, just for shits and giggles you please post a pic up if ya could?

By the looks of it, tires are not all too expensive either...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 pm

I got the tires and imp wheels on my OCC at the junk yard for $250. I don't have a pic, and this site does not like my pics anyway. If you PM me you email, I will take a pic tomorrow, and send it to you. The tires make it look like it is a much smaller car from a distance.
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:17 pm

I run 17x8 0 offset with 235 60 which are 28.1" tall which is real close to the stock height of 28.3 and I feel give plenty of cushion to protect the rims. The 0 offset does only leave about an inch of clearance between the tire and rear wheel opening tho.
Back to top Go down
piranah

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

How easy are the lattice wheels to come by? I like my wire wheel covers, but want something a little different.

Sorry for being off topic.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 pm

I sent you a pic of the White Elephant on 235/65/17s.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Just got it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)   Wheel and tire thread... (info needed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel and tire thread... (info needed)
Page 1 of 1