GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.

Go down 
+2
phantom 309
YachtDriver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm

We got quite a bit today while I was at work. Driveway was clear when I left.

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. IMG_20140218_164253_672_zps11e37580

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. IMG_20140218_164210_389_zpsdcb14743

Studded snows have worked really well this winter.

Don't worry she's in the garage thawing off now.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm

thawing off is the worst thing for it,better to keep it cold.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:28 am

I keep seeing all these snow and ice pics on here, and all I can think is......

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. 1969112_10203213782256063_1248080056_n

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. 1795412_10203213765175636_2136853674_o

Wink
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Nick, The car was actually cleaned earlier this week. It has very little salt on it. But there were Ice chunks I wanted to melt off. Besides it starts up happier in the warm garage.

Mike. You say that right now. But what about the three months of triple digit weather you get every summer? You have complained how it gets to be too hot to even wash your car there.

Me. I like 4 distinct seasons. Just this year has been a bit heavy compared to other years.

-D
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Oh I fully admit I'm crying come August...   No question!   But I hate long pants and long-sleeved shirts and think jackets are flat punishment, so I can't live up north again.   Wink Also salt makes me cringe...

All my buddies in PA and NJ keep sending me snow pics. I can't believe it.

Stay warm and safe up there!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Dear Mike, on  sincere behalf of over 1000  of your fellow forum members... BITE US!  Evil or Very Mad

In the past 30 days, Rochester has had only 5 days that the temps actually were over 32* It's been a  brutal winter so far and it's no where near over yet. . Only good news, if it can be called that, is the car is stored in a safe place out of the elements, but it's been too cold to consider anything related to working on it.

Best regards, Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Around here the state went crazy with the salt and sand mixture but I guess thats a good thing for drivers but a bad thing for cars.Before the storm I parked my OCC and RMW and used the 08 Odyssey for any and all trips.Sacrifice the minivan and save the wagons.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Sacrifice the minivan and save the wagons.
Brilliant!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am

For my 1000 friends to the north...bite me! Ha!!! This was last night here...  Very Happy 

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. 1958510_1532872303604905_863331651_n
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

Seeing that pic of Doug's wagon in the snow reminded me of all the fun I had hanging the tail out in Syracuse. THAT was fun driving!
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:06 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Seeing that pic of Doug's wagon in the snow reminded me of all the fun I had hanging the tail out in Syracuse.  THAT was fun driving!

I might resemble that remark at times around New Hampshire...

I like rear wheel drive with some guts in the winter. The Town Car was good but it's no Wagon. The weight is just about right where you want it. Enough traction to go but you can still hang the tail when you want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.   Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Came home to a driveway full of white fluffy stuff.
Page 1 of 1