GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not new member but first post

Go down 
+8
Andebe
sherlock9c1
DBeaSSt
bamalongroof
Roadagon
benn
81X11
tabascojohn
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tabascojohn

Not new member but first post Empty
PostSubject: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Thought I would finally introduce myself. I have a 94 RMW I purchased almost 5 years ago. She is rust free with all service records since new including window sticker. It has been a great car.  Fun to tinker with and the kids love riding in the way back seat. My wife doesn’t mind to ride in it either, however, she does call it the funeral car. I have done quite a few mods over the years including stereo, tri y headers, custom exhaust, 4.10 gears, tru trac, Denny’s Drive shaft, Bravada center console, T-56 with MGW shifter, f-body pedals with custom mounting brackets and hydraulics. One thing I am not trilled with is the f body pull style clutch. I will be posting a thread in the transmission section on that topic. If there are any wagon owners in the Huntsville Alabama area please feel free to PM me maybe we can meet up and talk cars. I am going to try to post some pictures. This is my first time doing so hopefully they will come out OK.
Thanks
John

Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0129" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0128" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0127" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0126" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0062" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0061" />Not new member but first post <a href=Not new member but first post DSC_0059" />
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Really nice one! Love the exterior, and the stick! Glad you posted!
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:12 pm

awesome car! thanks for posting!!
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Beautiful wagon, looks like you have done quite alot on it. I know putting a six
speed in our B bodies is not an easy task. What is a tru trak?? Welcome, ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Nevermind the 6 speed,what did you do to those rims?Welcome to the gang,beautiful wagon too.
Back to top Go down
tabascojohn

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words.
A tru trac is a type of limited slip differential.
The rims are painted Impala ss. I bought them dirt cheap but they were pretty rough. I stripped off what clear coat was still on them and then painted with duplicolar wheel paint.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi there i'm in Arab good to see you on the forum Welcome! Jeff
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Welcome and thanks for sharing pictures of the nice ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:57 pm

tabascojohn wrote:
The rims are painted Impala ss. I bought them dirt cheap but they were pretty rough. I stripped off what clear coat was still on them and then painted  with duplicolar wheel paint.

I have the clear duplicolor rim paint which I tryed on a old center cap but didnt care for it.Is this the metallic
coating or silver?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
tabascojohn

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 am

Flasheroo wrote:
tabascojohn wrote:
The rims are painted Impala ss. I bought them dirt cheap but they were pretty rough. I stripped off what clear coat was still on them and then painted  with duplicolar wheel paint.

I have the clear duplicolor rim paint which I tryed on a old center cap but didnt care for it.Is this the metallic
coating or silver?
Thanks

I used the duplicolr self etch primer, followed by silver, and finally clear.
I sanded either with 400 grit or a scotch brite (can't remeber) between each coat.
If I remember correctly I put the clear coat down pretty wet. I followed the duplicolor directions on thier website.
It turned out pretty good with no orange peel. I think I am going on 3 years now with them being painted. Its holding up better than I expected.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 am

Welcome John! I'm local to you - send me a PM and I'd be glad to meet up (if I can find the time - as you probably know, kids keep one quite swamped!)

Duplicolor's paint for wheels and calipers has been excellent for me. No complaints here.

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 am

To quote Dewey Cox,"Its a beautiful ride." Welcome to the madness...
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 am

Great Looking Wagon!!!
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 am

That car looks fantastically clean, well kept, nicely modded, and well-stanced. I'm jealous!
Back to top Go down
t-man

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:59 am

I like the center console and have been thinking of doing that in my '96 caprice wagon as well did you cut the center section of the seat out to make that work?
Back to top Go down
tabascojohn

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am

t-man wrote:
I like the center console and have been thinking of doing that in my '96 caprice wagon as well did you cut the center section of the seat out to make that work?

Yes, I cut the center section and tucked and secured the excess upholstery to the seat frame.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 am

John,

Finally got a chance to look at your post. Very nice install. Is that the new shifter?

Tim
Back to top Go down
t-man

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Very nice job on the wagon looks great and thanx for the info on the seat I am very tempted to do that now I just need to find a console I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not new member but first post   Not new member but first post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not new member but first post
Page 1 of 1