GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheels question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rhino

rhino

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Looking to get a set of rims and tires for the Buick. Been looking online and not to many places offer RMW as a choice. Am I good to go if I base my selection on an Impala SS? Not looking to go to big as I don't want to lose to much of the ride quality. Was thinking 17" with 255/50 tire. Let me know your thoughts. Thanx.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:03 pm

What is a safe back spacing?
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:07 am

If you're selecting by vehicle, and there's no option to choose a RMW, see if it will let you choose a Chevy Astro Van, 1994 or so. (DON'T choose like a 2003 Astro because some time around 1998 or so, the Astro and GMC Safari changed to a 6-bolt lug pattern.)

The earlier Astros have our identical 5x5 bolt pattern, and the backspacing should be similar.
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:24 am

I got mine looking at earlier 1/2 ton Chevy pickups. They had 0 offset with an 8" width and are close to the fender with a 235/60/17 I would guess a little less than an inch. The only difference was I had to make sure they came with the correct 12mm lug nuts (the pickups had larger studs).
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:35 am

In my experience shopping for the Impala SS wheels is a safe bet...have bought six sets with no issues.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:36 pm

SS wheels are 17 x 8.5" with a 5.06" back spacing something similar should work for you in an 18" wheel. It's best to measure your car and see if you can run a 4.5 or 4" back spacing with the width of wheel you want. The SS Forum may help you with your reaserch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheels question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheels question   Wheels question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels question
Page 1 of 1