GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cabin noise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jmciv2069

jmciv2069

Cabin noise Empty
PostSubject: Cabin noise   Cabin noise Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm

I repaired the rot u feel the spare tire today. I had hoped the repair would quiet the cabin a bit. I even added more dense fill around the spare, but kinda loud. Stock exhaust with resonators. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this. I was thinking about the spray for noise dampening the wheel wells. Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Cabin noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise   Cabin noise Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Speaking from experience from the first RMW that I had, you may not have repaired the problem. I would pull the seat bottom of the middle seat out. Pull out the plastic panels on the sides of the cargo cabin. Look for rot / rust where the wheel wells are, especially where the seat belt connects.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Cabin noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise   Cabin noise Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Tom, I have had the same experience. My exhaust exits right under the spare tire well and I have NO issues. Foam will eventually cause more rust as it will hold moisture, even closed cell or spray in foam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cabin noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise   Cabin noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin noise
Page 1 of 1