GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

interesting comment by Steve Morris

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

interesting comment by Steve Morris Empty
PostSubject: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:53 pm

So we've all seen pics of Steve's crazy procharged BB wagon pulling wheelies, but check out his little sideways comment between 6:30 and 6:40 in this vid.
What a Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaYdzoCzl8
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:11 am

i think it would be great if lorne were to purchase one of morris's 1000hp motors,. and go racing with a real hearse,.
i,m sure there's a market for the last ride of some customers in the hearse down the 1320 on the way to the graveyard,. i know i,d sign up for that,. what a wake that'd be,.a bumper draggin' hearse with an enthusiasts corpse in the back,.viewing and reception taking place at the track,. shut the lid,. everybody making a pass in their cars etc,.. Hearse makes the last pass, what a tribute,.
ever been done??

Nick

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32690528
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:56 am

There's probably some insurance regulation that calls for "ALL passengers to wear a DOT approved helmet" that would screw it up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 am

That'd be kind of cool.

Really though, I just found the Steve Morris wheelie wagon the other day. I was drooling. lol It even made my Nissan fanboy friend appreciate it. I was pleased.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

Bewber wrote:
There's probably some insurance regulation that calls for "ALL passengers to wear a DOT approved helmet" that would screw it up. Evil or Very Mad

OMG, i rolled on the floor thinking about that,. imagine going thru tech,. hahahaha,......
i think that'd only apply to 'open casket?' haha,..

Nick
off to watch 'weekend at bernie's' ..for the 100th time,..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:55 am

I have to admit though that I have had drag strip funeral thoughts - but it didn't involve the hurse doing a wheelie.

My thought was to get to heaven by having my ashes poured into the bleach pit and having my friends send me there via the smokey white plooms of burnout cloud.

Not gonna happen though. I already have a verbal arrangement made that my nephew is to paint flames on my coffn - but front to back only, since flames coming from the bottom would probably creep people out too much.

Cool thread!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Bewber wrote:
Not gonna happen though. I already have a verbal arrangement made that my nephew is to paint flames on my coffn - but front to back only, since flames coming from the bottom would probably creep people out too much!

Thats if you subscribe to the heaven and hell perspective as to their respective locations,.. but what if the translator screwed up,.. a few thousand years ago??, Question

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Haha - that'd be one HELL of a detour!
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 pm

This is very ironic timing.

I was keeping this hearse to do just what Nick said. Not that kind of HP obviously but a nice GM drop in tub it,G M Vette rallys and lowered.

Inside we were going to put 4 big captains seats with a full console between them. Add a killer stereo and lets get 4 guys for a road trip.

Marge and others always frowned on this plan and FRIDAY,I gave it to my friend.

Oh well,he put it in storage for now,but he is an old Van era guy so he may have a plan.

50,000 miles,307, air,tilt wheel,and cruise,thats it.

Bought new in August,1987,for almost 60 thousand . Kind of sad watching it leave the yard. Martha Crocker was the first person to get a ride. Funny how I can remember those stats.

This was Friday here.

interesting comment by Steve Morris Puntacana001-1

interesting comment by Steve Morris Puntacana006

interesting comment by Steve Morris Puntacana003

In keeping with the grille thread, I painted the silver plastic black,it looked like a typical chevy ice cube tray.

I remember other caprice owners commenting at Funerals. My boss said it was special to hearses. I never told him.

yes the Caddy grille had a piece broken out of it. Keep your eyes open for one please.

interesting comment by Steve Morris Puntacana002

Last edited by lornejay1 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

The Fleetwood grille?

I can take a look at mine next week if that's what you're referencing.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:08 pm

i raced olds' when i was younger, so i still have a 468 cube short block , some roller valvetrain parts , an old offy dual 4 intake with a couple of carter 500's, a couple of decent distributors and a magneto somewhere,. just needs a set of the new killer bulldog heads, and i,d guess at 600hp or better with matching torque,.
a built 200r4 and it'f fly for an old hearse,.(needs some BIG brakes too tho,..
dead nuts reliable and simple to work on/fix,...
courss, i could off set grind the crank use the honda rods etc,. and go 510,..dual four intakes are nice for plumbing nitrous too,.. What a Face

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting comment by Steve Morris   interesting comment by Steve Morris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting comment by Steve Morris
Page 1 of 1