GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I survived Wagonfest thread

Go down 
+11
Mark 96 Roady
Krzdimond
udownwitk
Fred Kiehl
Andebe
Tom Wingo
silverfox103
brokecello
bamalongroof
Gastt
Sprocket
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

I survived Wagonfest thread Empty
PostSubject: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Well I just got home safe and sound......usually the 3 hr ride home hits a slow down when I get to the metro area, but today the further south I drove the faster we went. My li'l ole 305 saw triple digits in the last 30 miles and I ran the 210 miles in under 3 hours....  What a Face 

Post up when you make back! Great 'fest, although yesterday afternoon got a bit 'humid' for a few hours, but the evening was clear and cool, great dinner and fun shenanigans afterwards...
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm home now. Had an excellent time. Lots of laughs last night and it was good to hang out at the track today. Thanks everyone! Special thanks to Cory for helping me find a pet cock.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 pm

I spent the day at the show Sunday great weather but failed to apply sun block so nursing a little sunburn tonight... Looking forward to getting home tomorrow. Great meeting everyone Ethan and I had a wonderful time and special thanks to all that that did the work to host this event we hope to be back next year. Jeff
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm home....loading up video to edit. I have to say...this was my favorite WagonFest so far. It was a good mixture of people, personalities and wagons. Sprocket did an awesome job putting this together!!

brb

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 pm

bamalongroof wrote:
I spent the day at the show Sunday great weather but failed to apply sun block so nursing a little sunburn tonight... Looking forward to getting home tomorrow. Great meeting everyone Ethan and I had a wonderful time and special thanks to all that that did the work to host this event we hope to be back next year. Jeff

It's ok Jeff I hate sunblock and now I look like a lobsta  cherry 
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Gastt wrote:
bamalongroof wrote:

It's ok Jeff I hate sunblock and now I look like a lobsta  cherry 

I PUT it on and got burned today.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Arrived back in GA about 3pm. Tuesday head north, unfortunately.

Both Diane and myself had a great time. Thanks John for the hard work and planning and all those who helped; special thanks to Chef Fred...great job.

The hotel and gathering area worked out perfect.

thanks

Tom & Diane
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Carol and Tom W- are home and safe-thanks to everyone for all their work that made for a great wagonfest----always a fun group-----headed out to New Orleans for a week in the morning---later Tom W
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Just got home.

Flatbedded home, in fact.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Flatbedded? Say it ain't so Champ...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 pm

I got home about 6:30. Got about 23.7 MPG on the highway. I had a great time, but am really tired.

Well I guess we picked the wrong "most likely to not make it home without trouble". What is up with you Ray? What did it do this time? Were you flogging the squirrel too much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I got home about 6:30. Got about 23.7 MPG on the highway. I had a great time, but am really tired.

Well I guess we picked the wrong "most likely to not make it home without trouble". What is up with you Ray? What did it do this time? Were you flogging the squirrel too much?

No idea. Hit a pretty big uneven spot in the road doing about ~80 (keeping up with traffic). Then it sputtered through the exhaust and I lost power to everything. Muscled it off the exit (right at one, thankfully) and to a stop. Popped the hood. Still had electrics, but when I turned the key it just backfired more through the exhaust. No plug wires were moved, nothing under the car appeared damaged (hard to tell, really), and I was just stumped.

If I turn the key, I can hear the pump prime, so it still works I presume.

I'm stumped. I AAA'd it home about 45 miles and it's in the driveway. Meh.

Still had a blast!
Back to top Go down
udownwitk

udownwitk

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:51 pm

i made it home today around 6:45. The TBI wagon really carved up 95. i must have driven an average of 85 mph on that long stretch of I-95, hit 100 a few times passing slow cars, lol.... nice to meet yall. i conversed with alot of yall on the impala forum for years but finally got to meet in person... great wagonfest!!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 pm

Made it home without incident. Set the cruise control at 65 and will get gas in the morning to check MPG's (but I can GUARANTEE it will be less than Fred's)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 pm

me and my old girl made it home just fine. many thumbs up on the way it was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:14 am

Sprocket wrote:
Well I just got home safe and sound......usually the 3 hr ride home hits a slow down when I get to the metro area, but today the further south I drove the faster we went. My li'l ole 305 saw triple digits in the last 30 miles and I ran the 210 miles in under 3 hours....  What a Face 

Post up when you make back!    Great 'fest, although yesterday afternoon got a bit 'humid' for a few hours, but the evening was clear and cool, great dinner and fun shenanigans afterwards...
Never had my OCC much over 85,how does your little 305 feel a those speeds,kinda straining a bit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:18 am

350*

Feels fine all the way to the 108 limiter. Feels like it has more, honestly.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 am

Dang, sorry to hear that Ray! I'm sure you will get it sorted soon...you just have a bug or two to work out I bet! I mean...that car was apart days ago!

You know WagonFest is gonna be exciting when the Host Hotel welcomes you! And if your hear a knock on your door...don't answer unless you called for room service.

I survived Wagonfest thread IMG_5550_zps70c85b51
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:33 am

VIDEO of what I was able to capture.  Now, I will apologize upfront for the awards pics.  It was nearly pitch black out there and I was also...umm...a little influenced by Robert's Open Bar. So they are not that great. Looks like Sprocket was in the same boat.  AND, I waited until the rain was about to start to get my video at the track. So we are missing a couple of wagons (Korey and Christopher's for sure).

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:15 am

Stingroo wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

No idea. Hit a pretty big uneven spot in the road doing about ~80 (keeping up with traffic). Then it sputtered through the exhaust and I lost power to everything. Muscled it off the exit (right at one, thankfully) and to a stop. Popped the hood. Still had electrics, but when I turned the key it just backfired more through the exhaust. No plug wires were moved, nothing under the car appeared damaged (hard to tell, really), and I was just stumped.

If I turn the key, I can hear the pump prime, so it still works I presume.

I'm stumped. I AAA'd it home about 45 miles and it's in the driveway. Meh.

Still had a blast!
Check to make sure your distributor is tight. It could be your EGR valve too. Not much else is affected by moving parts.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:30 am

I made it home just fine, about 5 hours. I ran into Fred at the LKQ down the street, and he already pulled the rear wiper motor I wanted from the green Roady wagon and sold it to me at his cost. Thanks buddy! And, of course, I had a great time like everyone else. Sprocket, your butcher sells some excellent meat and sausage. Dinner was great, with chef Fred at the controls of the grill. Just like last year, lots of fun, great food, and too much rain, but what the hell, two out of three ain't bad. I'll be back next year for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:56 pm

And now you know: bring the wagon and you're in! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Going to have to figure out a way to get down there next year!
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm

I made it home about 9:30 pm last night great time see you next year. Jeff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Jeff - good to meet you! Next year will be a blast.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 pm

brokecello wrote:
VIDEO of what I was able to capture.  Now, I will apologize upfront for the awards pics.  It was nearly pitch black out there and I was also...umm...a little influenced by Robert's Open Bar. So they are not that great. Looks like Sprocket was in the same boat.  AND, I waited until the rain was about to start to get my video at the track.  So we are missing a couple of wagons (Korey and Christopher's for sure).  

That's a great video, Chris! Anyone get any pictures at the show? I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything. Missed seeing all the cars and people this year, sounds like you all had fun despite the weather (is that any different then the last two years? lol!) we had the some pretty rough rain up here too. And Ray, my goodness your wagon looks AWESOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 pm

I'll be posting my photos tonight.

There are MANY.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Great video! Thanks,Brokecello
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Nice Video thanks Chris!
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I suppose I could post my pics here. Kind of difficult on a mobile device lets see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 am

I never want to go back to BWW. It was terrible. Service was bad, and the wings were like drinking the sauce. Next year I will wait for a space in the parking lot at the Winghouse.

Ray, nice snag on the finish line picture. How did you get it to copy? I will have to copy mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:34 am

Fred, here's yours:

I survived Wagonfest thread C6VOlML
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:45 am

Stingroo wrote:
Fred, here's yours:

I survived Wagonfest thread C6VOlML
Fred,Is it me or does your wagon have Salt flats vibe to it?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:54 pm

You caught me. Little bit if a salt flats vibe. Skirts and moons, smooth and sittin' low. My dad described it from his rear view mirror, as "looking like it is eating the road". If I had all the race tricks on it, and enough HP, it would be fun to hit the flats. I just bought a set of race prepped Procomp aluminum BBC heads for my BBC upgrade. I got them already ported polished with a race valve job, valves, springs, rocker studs, and pushrod guides for $950 shipped. It may take me a year to complete because I have to build a trans, but the commitment has been made.

Thanks Ray. How did you grab the picture? I could not copy and paste it.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
You caught me. Little bit if a salt flats vibe. Skirts and moons, smooth and sittin' low. My dad described it from his rear view mirror, as "looking like it is eating the road". If I had all the race tricks on it, and enough HP, it would be fun to hit the flats. I just bought a set of race prepped Procomp aluminum BBC heads for my BBC upgrade. I got them already ported polished with a race valve job, valves, springs, rocker studs, and pushrod guides for $950 shipped. It may take me a year to complete because I have to build a trans, but the commitment has been made.

Ever heard of The Silver State Challege? You and your machine should check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

In Google Chrome, I just dragged and dropped it to the desktop.

Not sure if it works in other browsers, though.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:16 pm

I did a shift print screen and dumped it in MS Paint and cropped it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Andebe wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

Ever heard of The Silver State Challege? You and your machine should check it out.

The car will need some down pressure,. and some good high speed rubber,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Andebe wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

The car will need some down pressure,. and some good high speed rubber,.

4700 pounds is all the down force needed!With that wagons stance,little air will get under that front end!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Sedan needs downforce...

I survived Wagonfest thread BonnevilleSS600
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Andebe wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

I have heard about the Silver State Challenge, but I need to put an engine in it and do a lot of suspension work before I would ever consider it. I would also need some decent racing tires, because the street tires would not hold up to the speeds. I have seen some nice sports cars wreck, and burn in that race. I would also have to install a roll cage, and a lot of other safety equipment. It is not a race for the faint of heart.

You have to keep the air out from under the car more than anything else for down force. The wagons are real good at going straight, because of all of the area behind the center of gravity. They make a good windvane.
Back to top Go down
MrBuick

MrBuick

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

I survived. I had a blast, as well! My trip from Florida to Michigan took 4 days, but I made it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I survived Wagonfest thread   I survived Wagonfest thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I survived Wagonfest thread
Page 1 of 1