GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread

Go down 
+12
YachtDriver
brokecello
ShamelessTR
BigBlackBeaSSt
95BRMW
lakeffect
JaySS
cbshea13
Lynol
OldGuy
mtrhead79
Cadet57
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Empty
PostSubject: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Posting up to say we made it home in the "rental" wagon about an hour ago. Had a great time, so nice to see everyone!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

i got home around4:30 hope everyone else gets home safely. great to see everyone
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
OldGuy

OldGuy

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Got home at 4:30 today, great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Got home around 2pm. Had a fun time. Looked at my odometer when I got back; since leaving for BaDaSS of NE's B-Body Roundup on Friday the 17th, then back home to NJ, then out to VA this weekend, I've clocked 1,537 miles on the Olds! Hope everyone else gets home with out issue.
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I left early and arrived home around 9:45 this morning.  It was a nice quiet Sunday drive home - oddly enough, the only traffic problems I ran into were when I took my daughter to the York Halloween Parade.  (She's in the middle school marching band)

Edit: A big thank you to Tim - without him stopping by, I would have never joined the community. You guys and gals are a superb group of people. I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and want to thank you all for showing a first timer a great time! The only thing better than meeting you all was seeing the non-wagon folks with mouths wide open as our train went past them on the cruise. My only question - does that "look" people give happen all the time on the cruises?

Either way - thank you again for showing me a great time! I can't wait till New York!
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Saw Chris safely home about 5:30, made it the rest of the way about 7:00. Doug emailed me @ 8:30 to let us know he was just getting in. Nice to see old friends and make some new ones. As always, there never seems to be enough time to see everything and talk to eveyone as much as we hoped. A big thank you to Mike for putting on the event and especially for the use of his garage and tools on Friday.

For those that didn't hear about our adventures, this was one of the more trying trips we have made. Loosening lugnuts, then a cracked air deflector / damaged front bumper / destroyed tire / bent wheel (all courtesy of a truck retread in the fast lane) and finally a front brake pad that carried away as we drove into the hotel parking lot (needing a new rotor before we were done). Mike graciously allowed us access to his home and with everyone pitching in, we were able to procure and install the new rotor & pads, as well as straighten the bent wheel well enough to be able to mount the replacement tire.

To top things off, Chris' back decided it had enough Saturday afternoon just before the group photo and he was regulated to sitting on the picnic table while we rushed to complete his seat swap. John & John stepped up and helped us finish installing the Recaros. Thanks to both of you again for that as Chris said he wouldn't have been able to drive the entire way home with the Bonnies that were in there. He was headed to his easy chair with a cold drink and an icepack to see if he could get more comfortable as we left. We all hope he will be feeling better soon.

Speed safely...

- J

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

We got to stop #2 on the tour at 5:30pm, at Mystic CN. We have family up this way, and will be visiting for few days before returning to Rochester. Over 1000 miles so far.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Made it home a little after 3, oddly enough there was no traffic.  Good to see everyone again and thanks to Mike and Chris for putting this together.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Who ordered the weather!!!  Great Job Mike and Chris!!

I cheated and made it home on Saturday night just before 9 PM.  Ryan was in tow behind me and broke off the run just south of Dillsburg.  It was great to see everyone.  Also good to see some new blood in the group.  Maybe next time I will actually have the wagon along.  But I gotta say the Impala was a hoot!  I have not had it that far away from home in a long time. Although the rear tires may not be in quite as good of shape as when I left!!

Spoke to Mike and Jess, they got home last night with no troubles.

I saw John P. (Big Wagon Guy). He come by the homestead to pick up some wheels and door panels that Chris and I had helped him source down here in the 'states'. He left central PA at about 1:40 pm. We spoke via text tonight and at about 8:30 he was just crossing into the great white north. He should be home about midnight I would guess. Great to know everyone made it.
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Made it home Sunday morning at about 0230. Was a great drive home, really love the late night runs. Meeting all you guys was a blast and driving around with a whole bunch of wagons was as much fun as I could have hoped for. Thanks for everything and I look forward to seeing you all again. The old Buick rolled amazing the whole way... just a few more things to tighten up.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 7:23 am

Made it home around 1pm Sun.  What a great time! I really didn't do much as far as planning...(that was Mike) I was just support staff!
It was a long drive home...which gave me time to ponder my next moves on the wagon. Seeing everyone kinda recharged my batteries!

Chris

The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Image18
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:58 am

Made it home safe and sound.
Turned 110,000 miles on the way home from Jay.

The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread 20141026_192547_zps052f27ed
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Just got home at 6:30 pm Monday, we stayed an extra day. No traffic to speak of, made it home in close to 12 hours. Also, the transmission made it home this time.....no problems. Nice to see everyone, good time had by all.

Thanks Mike!

Tom & Diane
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Posting up to say we made it home in the "rental" wagon about an hour ago. Had a great time, so nice to see everyone!

Please update signature picture.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 7:54 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Please update signature picture.

Soon. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Great stories....sounds like Jay experienced what our dysfunctional little corner of the Universe is all about....Smile Wish I could have made it as it was a strong desire, but the chance to travel to the Dry Tortugas (I've been DYING to go since I was 10) was a strong pull. I had a little bit of wagony goodness though... I will throw a few pics in the pic thread.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Made it home safe and sound   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:17 pm

It was great seeing everyone. Wish we had an extra day to hang out and play cars. Really hope Chris is on the mend (Try an inversion table my friend). Loved seeing all the Wagons together. The mods and individual customization that has gone into these old beasts always amazes me.

Really glad that everyone made it home safely and look forward to seeing you all again.

Thanks again Mike and Chris for putting it all together, and to everyone for the friendship and hospitality. Chris sorry I did not make it over to your place on Friday...and thank you Tim for allowing us to use your place while on route.

All the best...Big and little John

Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Ethan and I made it home at 5pm today we spent most of Sunday in DC my feet are still sore. Great meeting everyone..Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread   The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I'm home from Wagonfest" Thread
Page 1 of 1