GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to this Forum

Go down 
+5
benn
sherlock9c1
DBeaSSt
Andebe
KidShilleen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KidShilleen

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi all,  I'm new to the forum but not to station wagons. I presently have three wagons, two 96 white Roadmaster's and a 1964 Sliding Roof Studebaker Wagonaire.  Prior to these wagons I had a 89 Caprice Woody and ran it up to over 300K kilometers....and it had the 307 with crappy pollution bits on it.

I am presently parting out the oldest of my two RMW and have salvaged the engine and transmission for future use, the other parts will be inventoried or sold.  The general condition of the car is still surprisingly in good shape, the interior is tan leather and is good and complete...almost. When I pulled the plug on her she had around 180,000 miles....with almost no rust as I had it treated every year, something the southern folk don't have to worry about.

The car that is now my daily driver was a 80,000 mile car when I got it from South Carolina (?) a couple of years ago, it is only 3541 cars newer than the one on blocks, it is exactly the same car color and all.

My Wagonaire is my summer driver, originally an Arizona car and short of taking the body off the frame has been completely rebuilt.  It is a 259 V8, 4 barrel carb, 3 speed with overdrive with a 3:73 rear end. We have driven her to Tupelo Mississippi, Springfield Missouri, South Bend Indiana, Bardstown Kentucky, various locations along the east coast including Cherry Hill New Jersey all in the last three year.

I reside on the banks of the St. Lawrence River near Kingston Ontario Canada or about two hours north of Syracuse NY.
Having lurked here on and off for a few months I'd thought I might take the plunge.
I plan on going to Geneva in July as it is only a couple of hours drive down the interstate.

There....that's done.
Back to top Go down

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Welcome to the gang Kid,always liked those sliding roof studebakers a lot.I remember seeing one with a refrigerator in the back when I was about 10.I remember my dad laughing at me when I ask him if they cut the roof so the fridge would fit.Must have been 65 or 66.A good friend has a 289 Hawk with the factory blower and a 4 speed,painted the factory yellow.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Welcome...make sure you share some pics of that Stude when you are able.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Welcome to Longroof! Sounds like you're already well into your wagon obsession too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
sherlock9c1

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome! I used to live in Syracuse! Not nice on cars, but otherwise it was a great place to live. Definitely make the drive to Wagonfest NY - you are very close, and you will enjoy it tremendously.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 pm

I live in Kingston Ontario! If you ever wanna meet up and talk wagons let me know. I'm going to wf in Geneva again this year. Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Welcome to the Madness, looks like you will fit in nicely.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Welcome ... that 64 is a very good year for Lark wagons.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:01 am

Kid Welcome to the Forum.

Check out the thread for signing up for Wagonfest at:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t10130-official-10th-anniversary-wagonfest-attendence-thread-now-open#107081.
Back to top Go down
Skuba74

Skuba74

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:10 am

Hey all! I just joined. I have a 1991 Caprice Wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this Forum   New to this Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to this Forum
Page 1 of 1