GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Officially Official: Caprice Wagon Owner - First Impressions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Officially Official: Caprice Wagon Owner - First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Officially Official: Caprice Wagon Owner - First Impressions   Officially Official: Caprice Wagon Owner - First Impressions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay so I joined awhile ago and had the car paid for and ready to go. I got home from college today for Spring Break, and finally got to see and be with the car. I haven't driven it yet, but what I've seen of it so far, I am impressed.

To recap:

'92 Caprice Wagon
Victory Red
102,7xx miles
L05 350
3.23 posi rear
other tow package goodies (like air suspension)

My mom and dad picked me up from the train station with it, and its brand new tag. My dog got to come along for the ride too, he was pleased.

My Impressions:
1. The Magnaflow exhaust sounds AMAZING. I will take a video tonight/tomorrow. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the car.

2. There's Alpine head unit in there, I like it. It has red lights, so it matches the interior of the car, and there's a USB port in the glove box, where I can throw a flash drive and play music at will. Definitely a plus, as I don't care about originality in that regard (or many, in the case of this car).

3. It's very comfortable. Nice, big, plush seating. Matching red dash cover to combat FL cracks. Dark window tint to combat the FL sun too. I am impressed.

4. Weirdest place for a spare tire. Ever. I like it though, lol.

5. Nausea seat FTW!

The not so good:

1. As to be expected, the paint is fading in some spots -- a repaint over the summer might be in order. Not a big deal right now, I'd drive it as-is anywhere.

2. Dad says it rides odd, I didn't notice it. I think it's just the use of air suspension in a car that large, but then again, I never heard compressors kick on at all, or anything, so I don't know.

3. The horn is dead. It sounds like shit. To combat this, I'm going to pull the trumpet horns from the Fleetwood and put them on. I like that sound anyway, very cool. Smile

I'm going to post a video of it tomorrow, with a walk around and some exhaust noise, etc. It's a great car, and will definitely last me a long time. Best $1900 I ever spent. Ever.
Back to top Go down

Officially Official: Caprice Wagon Owner - First Impressions
Page 1 of 1