GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Wagon- Southern Ontario

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike LT1

Mike LT1

First Wagon- Southern Ontario Empty
PostSubject: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 am

Hi all,

I just picked up my first Roadmaster wagon, and I'm thrilled with it. It's a '95 and it's got 196km. She's mostly stock.

So far in the 3 days since I picked her up, I've just been trying to get a feel for her, so I can start to formulate a plan to make her my own. She's a woody with Light Driftwood paint, so obviously I'm feeling the need to start tackling the exterior, but I'm trying to remain level-headed and make sure the bones are strong first. There's mild rust in the spare tire well, but other than that it seems solid. I'm not super mechanical, so I hope this car helps me to become more hands on.

The A/C seemed ok on the test drive the week before buying it, but it's not blowing cold right now, so that's a priority.

The tailgate doesn't drop, it only swings. I  read a couple posts on this topic, so I decided to make that the first thing I tackle. I took off the interior trim panel and can see where the pulley is disconnected. I can now manually open the tail gate but need to affix the pulley so I can screw it all back together. However, there's some damage to the rear bumper where it's pushed in slightly (pic below), and this causes the tailgate trim to rub the bumper when I manually drop the tailgate. So getting the warped bumper tended to just bumped itself up the list as well. I also have a click in the gate hinge to resolve. Projects!

There's a lot of hanging rubber from the door seals that I need to re-attach. It flaps in the wind when driving sometimes...extra noticeable with 4 windows down due to the lack of a/c. And my Buick emblem is missing up front, but I have a lead on a cheap replacement close by. The typical upper trim peeling will need to be addressed too, as is to be expected.

Aside from all that, she really seems like a solid find. I'm just struggling to stop myself from going nuts and taking on too many projects at once, or focusing too much on getting the appearance right. Tints, rims, and an upgraded sound system are the biggest wants, but I have no idea where the funds to do it all will come from. I wouldn't say buying this wagon was an impulse, because I've been looking at them weekly online for years. However I didn't expect a clean example to pop up so close by. I really wanted one that was fairly stock, so I could really take my time with the customization decisions.

Anywho, I look forward to posting when I need advice, but for now I'm going to try and post a couple pictures here.

Side View
First Wagon- Southern Ontario 9ZokEP3

Back View (with dent)
First Wagon- Southern Ontario YUyQYJt

With my Allure (the year round wheels)
First Wagon- Southern Ontario D81JvNs
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:35 am

Welcome to LongRoof!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 am

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you found yourself a nice wagon. The problems you describe are all common, just pick em off one by one. If you have just minor rust in the spare tire well, make sure the drain hole is not plugged, or you will have major rust.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am

Driftwood is my favorite color Smile Congrats, and welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum! That looks like a really nice example, and I second the comment that all the issues you wrote about are common and should be easy to sort out.

Glad you found the group!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:20 am

Welcome to the gang Mike,sounds like you have everything planned out for making the wagon yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Wagon- Southern Ontario   First Wagon- Southern Ontario Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Wagon- Southern Ontario
Page 1 of 1