GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Temp Gauge Not Working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lvd2340

lvd2340

Temp Gauge Not Working Empty
PostSubject: Temp Gauge Not Working   Temp Gauge Not Working Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Having an issue with the temperature gauge not working in my 1994 RMW. It did have an issue where the fans did not kick on and the car nearly overheated. Have since fixed the problem with the fan but now the gauge does not work it stays on cold the whole time. Occasionally when turning on the key the gauge will peg to hot and come back down but does not do this all the time. Tested the ohms on the sender in the head and it appears to be working as it should. Could it be the gauge in the cluster has gone bad?
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Temp Gauge Not Working   Temp Gauge Not Working Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm having the same problem with my new 94 RMW. Just bought it down in Carmel, CA a few days ago and drove it up to Seattle. When I started driving it, the gauge was working fine, and immediately after I bought it, I went to a local shop and had a new starter put in it. When I was on the road again heading to Seattle, that's when I noticed that the gauge had stopped working. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn back to the shop to have them re-connect the wire if it came loose. I read that the sensor for the temp gauge is adjacent to the starter, but without a jack to lift the car up, I can't squeeze underneath to investigate!

Did you get it working again? If so, what was your remedy?
Back to top Go down
lvd2340

lvd2340

PostSubject: Re: Temp Gauge Not Working   Temp Gauge Not Working Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Never fixed it, I purchased a separate temp gauge
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Temp Gauge Not Working   Temp Gauge Not Working Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Matthew Falcon wrote:
 I read that the sensor for the temp gauge is adjacent to the starter, but without a jack to lift the car up, I can't squeeze underneath to investigate!

with the motor cold,. the temp sensor is easy to reach just under the exhaust manifold,.find the single green wire plug it back on,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temp Gauge Not Working   Temp Gauge Not Working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temp Gauge Not Working
Page 1 of 1