GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolant temp gauge wiring help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babywag

Coolant temp gauge wiring help Empty
PostSubject: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Been searching the web, but haven't found the help I need.

Just bought a 1994 Caprice wagon on Friday, and the temp gauge does not work.
Investigating the sender is installed in passenger rear of head, and it is there.
However the wire is MIA, and I have been unable to locate it.
Spent over an hour digging around, and I cannot locate it anywhere.

Does anyone have a good pic or can describe exactly where the wire exits the harness loom and it's routing?
I'm thinking the wire got ripped off/out, someone cut it off, or maybe hid it to hide a problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, got yourself a nice wagon.

I'm not near my wagons for another month, but if I remember correctly, you are looking for a single wire, green I believe, with an electrical connection that would snap on to the sender. There probably is some kind of protective jacket type thing on the wire. Look around the back of the engine, it should be there.

Tom
Back to top Go down
babywag

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for reply,
I spent an hour looking cannot find the darn wire anywhere.

Heading to the junkyard to look @ a Caprice so maybe I'll get lucky and find the info and some parts?
Back to top Go down
babywag

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 3:51 pm

So car in the yard I grabbed a hood from that wire was MIA as well, sender was there but no wire.

If someone could take a peek and snap a pic of where the wire exits the wiring loom I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
babywag

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Ran a new wire, gauge is working now.
Would still be nice to know where the original wire exits the engine harness though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp gauge wiring help   Coolant temp gauge wiring help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant temp gauge wiring help
Page 1 of 1