GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my bad luck

Go down 
+5
Krzdimond
lakeffect
Wagoninabox
200OZ
frederickflintstone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 am

I live in Michigan; we sit on the vain of salt that provides road salt for the whole Midwest. Every old car rusts here. New cars rust here. Rust rusts here.

I love old Buicks from my 61 skylark up into my LT1 roadmaster wagon. On Sunday I picked up a new to me rust free 77 LeSabre in dire need of wheels and a 455, but otherwise very nice.

I got it registered Tuesday and drove it Wednesday on the way home last night I hit a @$%& deer.  Only someone from the rust belt can understand how much of a tragedy this is to an old car guy.

my bad luck 771

my bad luck 77x
Back to top Go down

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 am

Oh deer. Sad
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:57 pm

That really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:49 am

So sorry. I know the feeling owning a nice survivor example and have this happen. Its fixable so try not to over stress it. Great ride btw.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:20 am

Jarrod (1993 roadyman) can buff that out for you.

Sincerely, it looks fixable. Couple of parts, and you'll be good to go. There are many here who can be on the lookout for parts at junk yards, so be sure to post up your needs.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 am

'Tis but a flesh wound.
Not bad at all. Worst part is the timing. Smile
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 am

thanks everybody. I will indeed repair it. and yes the worse part is the timing. it will take time though: my toy fund money basically only comes when I sell another toy. I had sold a POS Dakota that I had fixed up and after I put a set of tires on the Wife's car I offered the guy every penny left and it came home with me.

while I immediately scoured CL, the truth is unless I find a deal on parts this needs to get parked for now. I would appreciate heads up on parts but right now I don't have much fundage.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Wow, that sucks! I can't tell from the picture, but it looks like the hood is ok. Looks like a really nice car otherwise. Do you have comprehensive insurance on the car?
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 am

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 am

I'm assuming your putting the rims on too!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow this turned my stomach, but great find on the parts car! Right color and the right wheels to boot! Nab it!!
Back to top Go down

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Save the parts car if possible,no vinyl roof car is rare and better looking too!
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:23 am

thanks for spotting that. unfortunately I don't think I could beg borrow or steel $1000 right now. and if I could my wife would shoot me if I spent it on a parts car.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 am

What was the insurance going to pay for the damages?
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:59 am

lakeffect wrote:
What was the insurance going to pay for the damages?

no collision or comprehensive insurance, income wise I am what most people would call poor.

FWIW I did just send an email on the add. I could possible swing it depending on price, but I am at a loss as to how to make a determination on a vehicle I cant inspect.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Ask if there is a forum member that lives close enough to take a peak at it for you.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:04 am

lakeffect wrote:
Ask if there is a forum member that lives close enough to take a peak at it for you.

I have not heard back from the guy yet. most likely sold.

I am heading down to Tennessee to see family tomorrow and staying till Monday. I could argue to make a loop on the way back, and come home from thru the UP.
basically the guy would have to get ahold of me within the next 30 hours for me to make it happen. I do not have a smart phone and will not have much access to the internet where I am going.

just someone looking out for me has made me feel much better about it though. and while nothing has popped up locally (like my search for a RMW) 6mo of being patient got me a great car at a good price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: my bad luck   my bad luck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my bad luck
Page 1 of 1