GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

As if my luck isn't bad enough

Go down 
+6
Sprocket
Fred Kiehl
81X11
DBeaSSt
sherlock9c1
94X2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

As if my luck isn't bad enough Empty
PostSubject: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 pm

One of my worst fears happened last tuesday - deer out of nowhere. I was going about 75 and I'm pretty sure I hit the deer before I ever hit the brakes.

As if my luck isn't bad enough Photo-0030-2

As if my luck isn't bad enough Photo-0026-1

As if my luck isn't bad enough Photo-0029-1

As if my luck isn't bad enough Photo-0028-1

As if my luck isn't bad enough Photo-0027-1

Now I got to figure out what to do next. I can use the hood and lights from the black car but it's a 94 so I can't use the door. I also think the woodgrain is different so I can't use the fender either. If anyone knows of a 95 drivers door and fender within a reasonable drive from NC please let me know. I haven't looked here yet but rmw's are hard to find in the yards around here.

It is a little frustrating though, a little over a month ago the car was doing great. I feel like I've been fighting one thing after another ever since the water pump went out. One day I'll have evrything fixed at once. Then I'll be scared to drive it.

Jon

Btw that is deer poop on the door and not mine lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:47 pm

Damn Jon I thought I had bad luck but I cant complain and I hope your son is doing better.If these things come in 3s
you had better be very very careful.
I wish you and your son the best and please be careful.Wish I was closer so I could do something besides talk.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Boy that thing is totaled. I'll send a truck to pick it up...
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:59 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Boy that thing is totaled. I'll send a truck to pick it up...

Send along a check big enough to cover another one and you've got a deal!

Jon

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Aw man, that sucks! Freakin' deer... ugh. I'll look and see what I have. I don't think I have what you need with woodgrain though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:33 am

Oh man SO SORRY! I love that car and hate to see that. Glad you were ok. Freakin Deer!

I'm sure you'll get it fixed fast. Wish you were closer, we'd hit the yards, pull out the wrenches, and have it fixed in no time.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:35 am

Did you get any venison out of the deal, or did the deer get up and run away?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:27 am

Jon, you could use the 94 door and swap the mirror over, fill in the hole and paint....of course DCM woody parts would be better.

for smacking one at 75 I'd say the car held up pretty nicely. I'll look around locally and see what's out there but haven't seen a RMW in the yards in awhile (been all Cappy wagons lately).

Oh, btw, I still have that rack I keep forgetting to send you....I know now it's a pretty background until your car is fixed, but I haven't forgotten it.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Man, just read your other post and now this.......you must be lucky in love ?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Sorry to see this. Deer are just going into the rut, so the buck get crazy.........

I might have the door, white fender, trim headlight, bumper cover, no hood. LMK if you need me to scope out the shed.......

Tim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 pm

oh deer,.
what a shame,. hope the insurance gives you enough to come out ahead,.

nick
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks everyone for the responses. I spent today trying to get some lights back in the car. I didn't realize that in addition to breaking the lights, half of the wires were cut. It also blew the fuse for the cornering lights and took me forever to figure that out. I had to cut the sockets off the black car and solder them to this one. I finally got that done (trip to radio shack to replace soldering iron) and got the headlight and marker light mounted. I had to wire the back of the headlight bucket and the marker light in since the fender was too bent up to get them mounted. I also swapped hoods with the black car. At least now I have lights, hood, and grill. It doesn't look quite as bad.

BTW Anyone ever notice that no matter what the project is it always seems to take until just after dark?

In answer to some of your posts, Fred I didn't get any venison. I don't know what happened to the deer. I didn't look that night and the next 2 I didn't see it. I know because I was looking for the beltline molding off the door. Never did find it.

81x11 thanks for the offer. Road trip to NC?

Sprocket, you're right about how well the car did hold up. I had a full cup of coffee in the cupholder and it didn't even spill. I'm glad I wasn't in a smaller vehicle. Or a Smart car...

Pete I don't know about lucky in love. I don't feel like that lately either.

Tim do you have a 95 door with decent wood? I'm pretty much certian I'll end up painting part of the car by the time I'm done. I think all I need are a 95 wood fender and door. And the black molding that goes on the beltline trim. I ink I have everything else.

Again, thanks everyone

Jon
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
oh deer,.

nick

What insurance? Only have liability.

Jon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm

94X2 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
oh deer,.

nick

What insurance? Only have liability.

Jon

Ouch,. sorry.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm

You oughta look into having comprehensive on the car as well. It doesn't make financial sense for me to have collision on my cars, but for the price they quoted me for comp, I bought it. I think comp covers deer hits. I'll have to check. But anyway, my point is, call your ins. co and see what comp costs and what it covers. I will also say having comp with full glass has singlehandedly been worth it.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 am

I have a 95/96 Caprice woody door......... LMK if you need it..........
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 am

As soon as I saw the title "As if my luck isn't bad enough" I was thinking "So what happened to Bewber now?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 am

^ Me too, actually.

Sorry about your wagon man. Best color there is too.. Sad Hope she's back on the road and ready to go ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As if my luck isn't bad enough   As if my luck isn't bad enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As if my luck isn't bad enough
Page 1 of 1