GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diagnostic tool LO5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lowlow37

lowlow37

Diagnostic tool LO5 Empty
PostSubject: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

I am confused.. I search on EBay for a scanning tool, i would like to check the computer for timing, lambda status and temp.. I dont even find any references to what the plug in, or adapter between the GM plug and the obd shall be.. Any tips for me? It is so irritating to wait for a couple of weeks, just to get the wrong tool delivered, and expensive... I blame my bad engish on this and hope that someone here can help..

Thanks in advance..
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 7:06 pm

There is a company, OTC, that makes a compatible unit. The Pathfinder, Pathfinder II, and Deuce Monitor Elite are a few of the models. I do not know what the price range is, but you do need the GM cable (212633) and the memory module (3305-106). The system plugs into the ADL connector under the dash.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 pm

FYI. Lambda, if loosely used here, references the O2 sensor. Block Learn and Intergrator showed the adjustments the system made in order to maintain a proper A/F balance with 128 being ideal. Lambda typically references 1.0 as ideal AFR, which typically is associated with Wide Band AFR sensors. The L05 did not use this type of sensor back then. It referenced its information based off the O2 sensor 450mV average, being ideal, with 0mV being lean and 1000mV being rich. A good running system will swing between these values in order to keep the catalytic converter working properly.

Last edited by gmtech on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:13 pm

I have an AutoXray scan tool that does monitoring for my OBD I cars, works great.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:12 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
There is a company, OTC, that makes a compatible unit.

The OTC 4000E (Enhanced) is an excellent tool, and can usually be found reasonably cheap with the GM cable plus the Pathfinder 97 or Pathfinder 98 software cartridge. The original Pathfinder cartridge was 92 and is of limited usefulness on these cars.

I believe OTC actually made the Tech 1 and Tech 2 scan tools for GM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:03 am

buickwagon wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
There is a company, OTC, that makes a compatible unit.

The OTC 4000E (Enhanced) is an excellent tool, and can usually be found reasonably cheap with the GM cable plus the Pathfinder 97 or Pathfinder 98 software cartridge. The original Pathfinder cartridge was 92 and is of limited usefulness on these cars.

I believe OTC actually made the Tech 1 and Tech 2 scan tools for GM.

That OTC 4000Enhanced with the pathfinder II cartridge is what I have been using for about 15 years.Came in a HUGE blow molded case with the manuals and cartridges.Bought it for 25 bucks and was money well spent.It does a excellent job once you figure out all its features and how to use them.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:05 am

Do you have the download cable and graphing software for it? It's old serial and DOS tech, but doubles the usefulness in tracking down an intermittent problem.

Edit: Cable: 3305-72. Software: "GTi"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 am

Dwayne,I think I have the cable but not the GTi software.I keep the scanner and OBD1 cable upstairs closeby but everything else is in that huge case in the basement and its buried.My kid brothers hoarding makes finding everything difficult.I counted 23 of the 18 volt dewalt batteries and no less than 18 of the dewalt blow molded cases in the basement yesterday.That count of 23 batteries doesnt include the lithium ion batteries either.Its a mess of very exspensive tools and toys.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Let me know if you need the software. I burned it to CD before the demise of the 3-1/2" floppy drive, and can host it for D/L.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diagnostic tool LO5   Diagnostic tool LO5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diagnostic tool LO5
Page 1 of 1