GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Empty
PostSubject: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 pm

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T1-1

I got a screaming deal with free shipping, just over $200 for 2 huge tires.

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T2-1

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T3-1

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T4-1

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T5

a comparo to the one size larger than stock tires I put on the car.

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T6

one of the two rims I used had this weird ring inside I have never seen on Buick rally wheels before. unfortunately I think they put them on backwards back in the day at Kelsey Hayes or Superior or whom ever the OEM for Buick was. I had to grind them out with a carbide burr to fit on the car. the next wheels will be cut with the plasma BEFORE I mount the tires.

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T7

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T8

not a great comparo but it was twilight and I took it at a bad angle.

so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. T9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:01 pm

255/70/15 is a huge tire and they will be awesome in the snow too!
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
255/70/15 is a huge tire and they will be awesome in the snow too!

I will never drive this car in the winter.

if I did I would put winter tires on it.

I am a firm believer in winter tires and anti-lock brakes on a winter vehicle. and in Michigan driving a vehicle you don't give S#%& about.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 am

I drove it to work and ran it up to triple digits with no issues. going in an out of my bomb cratered dirt driveway was test enough for tire rub. I was a little concerned because my wheel wells are not centered over the tires. my guess is the centerline of the body and the axle are up to about .25" off. I do really like the looks of the 255's I may try to get a second set for the front, thing is I have the wagon and 2 LeSabre's, and right now I have 2 new 225 tires, 4 like new 225 tires and 4 like new 235 tires. I need to use them before they start to dry rot.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am

Thats alotta meat.......
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Andebe wrote:
Thats alotta meat.......

gotta be some guys here that like meat.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am

Not touching that one...
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 am

Andebe wrote:
Not touching that one...

not what I like to touch either.....
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 pm

That ring on back was used on 69'- and earlier Buick Road rims. It's called and Eccentric ring. It's  so the rim would rest on hub or rear axle when installed.

You should also notice once installed the rim's with the eccentric rings on them will sit outward more because they have a greater offset than other two.

Or look at how the center of the rim actually is set inward more when you are looking downward at them, compared to the other rims.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
That ring on back was used on 69'- and earlier Buick Road rims. It's called and Eccentric ring. It's  so the rim would rest on hub or rear axle when installed.

You should also notice once installed the rim's with the eccentric rings on them will sit outward more because they have a greater offset than other two.

Or look at how the center of the rim actually is set inward more when you are looking downward at them, compared to the other rims.

wow I didn't know that. I will have to check the back spacing. that could be my wheel well clearance issue.

I didn't think hub centric wheels were a thing that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Looks nice, I would either get a set of those or go with some alloys...
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:20 am

Studebricker wrote:
Looks nice, I would either get a set of those or go with some alloys...

thanks!

one day I may get a set of 17 or 18" alloys but right now money is tight and I can still find Buick road wheels at reasonable cost.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:34 pm

I like the look of the Buick Rally's....
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:

at least on the rims I bought this is not true. I measured the 3 remaining rims and the offset, width and backspacing were the same on all 3 rims. (2 w/rings one w/out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon.   so the fed ex guy brought me new rear rubber for the wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1