GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First time wagon owner central,IL

Go down 
+8
Andebe
NO RTR 7
81X11
cbshea13
bamalongroof
nstg8r
Wagoninabox
Shaneomac
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

First time wagon owner central,IL Empty
PostSubject: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 pm

[img]First time wagon owner central,IL 20140903_185509[/img]Hi there, been looking for a Caprice sedan for a winter beater for about 6 months are so, means that my 96 Bonneville was rear ended and totaled. So I was on the look for a rear wheel drive car. Decided it should be a caprice. Then after a bit of looking really started to like the wagons more and more. So I searched Craigslist and one popped up a few towns over in Decatur.  Pics looked like it was well taken care of so I took the trip after talking with the owner via email over a couple weeks. I probably gave a lil more than i should have I feel it was a fair deal tho. Previous owner had it for almost 10 years, and did a few updates to it before losing interest and parking it for a bout 3 years before selling it to me. Updates included a 00 camaro steering wheel with radio controls functioning the 98 factory gm cd player. Buick sennitinal lighting clear corners, impala wheels of course.

Drove pretty good one the 45 min trip home leaks a lil oil around the oil pressure switch he said so I put some Lucas oil leak stop in it which seemed to work for my truck which is almost the same motor. Plans are to tint the windows first get shocks all around maybe get the front end about 1"- 1.5" lower and drive drive drive.... well here some pics tell me what ya think.[img]First time wagon owner central,IL 20140907_15335_edit_1410832020144[/img]
[img]First time wagon owner central,IL 20140907_153428[/img]
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Welcome! Nice choice for your 1st wagon!
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Yea I seen it a couple hours after popping up on Craigslist and knew it was the one for me. I have leather bucket Seats from the Bonneville that I will get in it eventually. I would like to find a smooth buick grille with black slots for it too.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 1:25 am

Welcome to the forum. Nice wagon! You'll need to swap out the front bumper and associated parts as the Buick grill is longer and will hit on your caprice unit.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 am

Ahh damn might go with a black billet grille then for now then and keep an eye out for some parts maybe.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Good looking wagon welcome to the forum.... Jeff
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Nice looking wagon, welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Nice find! Welcome to the forum! I like the color a lot and the car will look great with tinted windows!
Back to top Go down
NO RTR 7

NO RTR 7

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 pm

I spend a decent amount of time in Champaign but have yet to see this wagon. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:23 pm

She gets out in the streets fairly often. Since owning it I have seen probably 5 in town that were nice! A silver caprice with some 20" torq thrust a blue roadie wagon with troqs and Kentucky plates seen a white Olds Cruiser that was looking very nice wish I could have stopped that guy!

I make it over to indy every once in awhile only trip I took in the wagon was back in November.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Very nice looking wagon you could go the ss grill route with tint, bonnie seats and impala console. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Yea i gotta figure out what I'm gonna need to do for the bucket seats since I have a true one piece bench seat. Hopefully getting a caprice power seat track for the driver side and just use the manual rails on the passenger side for a bit, looking for a charcoal blazer console not sure if i want the shifter yet or not.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:35 am

Welcome aboard,great score on the wagon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Now you need to start looking for ANOTHER winter beater so this one can stay home in the garage,nice looking first wagon.Welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:36 pm

I have a full dark grey floor shift kit with all the parts and dark grey console and woodgrain insert (Bravada part). May use it on my new wagon or go to a 5 speed instead, let me know when you get close to doing something as I also have a tan setup. Jeff
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Don't know if you saw this but good roadmaster seats are hard to find the grey are almost the same as SS seats and you can make buckets out of the 60/40 split seats. Maybe the guys can help you out by pulling these. Jeff

Just a thought.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t11065-junk-yarding-in-ny-in-late-november-in-the-snow?highlight=snow
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:29 am

Nice ride! If you go with an SS grill, don't buy a cheap one like I did. I bought mine before I knew about the forum. Had I known, I would have bought the real deal. The cheap one doesn't fit as nice as I would like. Also, if that trailer hitch is a class III or IV don't get rid of it. That thing is worth a trillion dollars. The knowledge here is outstanding. Welcome to the forum. Have fun with your new toy. Paul
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:32 pm

bamalongroof wrote:

Don't know if you saw this but good roadmaster seats are hard to find the grey are almost the same as SS seats and you can make buckets out of the 60/40 split seats. Maybe the guys can help you out by pulling these. Jeff

Just a thought.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t11065-junk-yarding-in-ny-in-late-november-in-the-snow?highlight=snow

Yes i did see that thread the other day. I have the set of  charcoal 96 SSEi seats already that I got out of my totaled bonnie. I just need some b-body power seat tracks since the ones on the seats won't match up. That blazer console sounds like it would go well with my seats, and I would be interested possibly, I'm not one for the wood grain much though haha I want it all out of the insides.

The SS grille would probably be slighty easier to add the billet grille to I feel if I got a nice SS grille I'd want to leave it stock look and would be hard to cut up for a billet grille. It's not out of the question at all tho just have to what progresses.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 am

I guess I'll bring this thread back with a very late post in response. Very Happy Welcome to the forum from another central-Illinois situated wagon owner. I've had the wagon out that way a few times, but I can't say as I've seen yours on the road (at least not that I knew of). I don't drive mine in the winter, and usually wait for a few good rains before I bring it out of hibernation.

I actually noticed your registration on the map, which is something I've held off from doing. It's not that I wouldn't want to help fellow members of the community out, but rather that I have a fair amount of concern about my location information falling into the wrong hands in some way.

Anyway, welcome again to the forum and it's nice to hear from someone in the same part of the world as myself. (I have seen a fair number of Caprice and Roadmaster wagons around, but none of them belong to board members as best I can tell.)
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Welcome and nice wagon.

Uxwbill, only members can see the map, and I put my cell number and located myself at a nearish interstate exit so while not providing a map to my home, people could know within about 10 minutes where I am.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:10 am

uxwbill wrote:
I guess I'll bring this thread back with a very late post in response. Very Happy Welcome to the forum from another central-Illinois situated wagon owner. I've had the wagon out that way a few times, but I can't say as I've seen yours on the road (at least not that I knew of). I don't drive mine in the winter, and usually wait for a few good rains before I bring it out of hibernation.

I actually noticed your registration on the map, which is something I've held off from doing. It's not that I wouldn't want to help fellow members of the community out, but rather that I have a fair amount of concern about my location information falling into the wrong hands in some way.

Anyway, welcome again to the forum and it's nice to hear from someone in the same part of the world as myself. (I have seen a fair number of Caprice and Roadmaster wagons around, but none of them belong to board members as best I can tell.)

I have seen quite a few roadmaster lately around town only one white OCC that was sweet. I look forward to seeing yours out on the road. I havehad mine since September and put about 10k on it already. I'm usually just back and forth to work but I'm all over the area really. Also it doesn't have the SS wheels on it right now it has truck rallys with 30 x 9.5 bfg all terrains.

As sprocket said I just put a pin around my area, suprised I got it to work. It's intended  for the members to see where we are at soo I guess that's the point of it.
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome!!! Nice wagon too! Love the impala wheels!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time wagon owner central,IL   First time wagon owner central,IL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time wagon owner central,IL
Page 1 of 1