GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

putting the mirror glass back in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

putting the mirror glass back in Empty
PostSubject: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm

One of my kids knocked the mirror glass out of the driver's side mirror. Nothing appears broken, and it looks like if I can get the "spider" back into the plastic clips, it'll be fine- but I tried pushing it back in with no luck, so before I break the glass, I figured I'd ask if there's a technique for this or if I need to get a new mirror.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:00 am

Don't over torque it,.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 am

I'll try not to, Nick Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:09 am

As long as the little metal cross is still there and the plastic isn't broken on the mirror, it snaps back into place.

Been there replaced one of those a few times. <_<
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Thanks. I did eventually manage to get it to pop back in without overtorquing anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting the mirror glass back in   putting the mirror glass back in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

putting the mirror glass back in
Page 1 of 1