GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another smog pump question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Another smog pump question Empty
PostSubject: Another smog pump question   Another smog pump question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Hey fellas,
I have recently settled down instead of traveling for work.
So have got a lot of extra time to play with the 96.
In process of exhaust but can't afford headers right now so I was researching the smog pump delete for now and found a step by step with pics on ls1 lt1 performance forum.
Mine being a 96 i will need to get it reprogrammed so if won't through a code.
My question is how much does this cost and if I do the delete can I run it for a few months deleted before getting it programmed without damaging anything.
I can deal with the dummy light for a little while just don't want to screw something up if I remove it without getting it programmed right away.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Back to top Go down
jon7190

jon7190

PostSubject: Re: Another smog pump question   Another smog pump question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 pm

I am in the process of doing the AIR pump delete right now myself. I just sent the PCM out for reprogramming. The check engine light has been on for months with the DTC 0410 (secondary air injection, a.k.a. smog pump). Something was wrong with the system, but I'm not sure what. Never had any driveability issues or anything else bad happen. I can't think of any reason that disabling or removing the smog pump would do anything besides trip a code and light up the light.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Another smog pump question   Another smog pump question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Whee did u send the PCM? Getting some performance tuning also? How much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another smog pump question   Another smog pump question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another smog pump question
Page 1 of 1