GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Limited or not - seat swap

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
lamune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Limited or not - seat swap Empty
PostSubject: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:13 am

There's a local guy that has a set of 95 RMS sedan seats, in really nice shape, and in blue.

My wagon has the Limited seats with heat and memory feature, and they're not in terribly great condition. The foam on the driver's side is pretty well collapsed and the power adjustments on the passenger seat are barely working.

Is it worth $200 to swap these Limited seats with some "regular" ones? I don't particularly care about the heater, and the memory feature isn't something I use. Would I lose anything else (aside from the 200 bucks) if I did this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 am

I've had both type of seats, I much prefer the non limited style. The limited are prone to breaking down. The only thing that would stop me in your case is the $200. That's a bit hefty, 1/2 of that is probably the going rate. That being said, I know Roadmasters are scarce out west; if $200 doesn't bother you, go for it. If you do swap, remove some of the leather from the old seats and save it for repairs; I did and used it twice for repairs.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 am

I'm with Tom, I prefer the non-limited. I have the exact seats in his signature in my Caprice. In fact, the rear seat in my car came out of his wagon!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:48 am

That is true Jay, one thing I forgot, there's two different plugs on those seats. You need to cut the plug from the donor car, that comes through the floor. Then splice them into your car, color to color. They'll be a few extra wires that you don't use with the new seats, you don't have to worry about them. You don't need to cut the other end off, get those quick splices to do it. Everything will work perfectly on the new non limited seats. Done it before.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:50 am

I still want to do the Sedan rear-seat mod in my wagon, but can't find a good maroon rear seat.  Sun has burned them all up down here.   Bummer!

I do agree with the above though, I like the non-limited seats better.

Last edited by 81X11 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 am

Interesting feedback folks, I guess it's at least worth the drive over to check them out. I was thinking for $200 I could probably get the seat re-foamed and the cracks patched up, though I haven't priced that option out!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:12 am

I think what you will find atleast on the driver seat, the metal framework breaks. I would not even think about repairing those.

Tom
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that the donor seats must come with the seat tracks as the Limited / non-Limited tracks are not compatible. If they don’t have the tracks, then you’re going to have to locate a pair from something else before they can be installed.

silverfox103 wrote:
That is true Jay, one thing I forgot, there's two different plugs on those seats. You need to cut the plug from the donor car, that comes through the floor. Then splice them into your car, color to color. They'll be a few extra wires that you don't use with the new seats, you don't have to worry about them. You don't need to cut the other end off, get those quick splices to do it. Everything will work perfectly on the new non limited seats. Done it before.

Tom

I don’t remember having to splice the connections, but it’s been awhile since I did this. I seem to recall having to extract some pins from the large underseat connector and re-pin them into the mating 6-pin connector for the standard rails using the wiring diagrams to get the connections right.

- J

Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:03 pm

I have tracks if you can't find them locally. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limited or not - seat swap   Limited or not - seat swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limited or not - seat swap
Page 1 of 1