GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
windssurfer

Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install Empty
PostSubject: Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install   Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am

The back lights on the buttons on the climate control no longer light up.  Seems like this started happening when I installed an aftermarket radio.  Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install   Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:19 am

There is a purple wire that is supposed to control the dimmer on the climate control screen. Not sure about the buttons. My guess is that you knocked something loose. I hate to say it but I would pull it and double check. Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram, so I can't help there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install   Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 pm

My screen lights up fine, it's the buttons back lights that are not working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install   Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back lights on Climate control are out with aftermarket radio install
Page 1 of 1