GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

back on the road!

Go down 
+2
Mark 96 Roady
Sprocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Well It's been a month to the day since I sold the blue OCC.  So I celebrated by spending 2 hours in the DMV to get a plate for Ruby.  
I bought her back from my son about 6 months ago.  She's a bit more worse for the wear than when I let her go but,   until I get the T56 installed she'll suffice.

I got her legal in the nick of time too.   My new bathtub arrived at Home Depot this afternoon.  Didn't want to put in the trunk of the Caddy ha ha ha.

First order of business tomorrow is clean out the back of the wagon (I need to sell this set of black 17s!) so I can fit the tub in there.

For those on FB, you've seen my bathroom photos. I'm currently down to the studs and company is coming on Monday, lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:14 am

Don't you love the Florida DMV? When I got a Florida driver's license last year it took 2 hours. In most states you just surrender your current valid driver's license from the other state, and get a new one. I brought my passport, birth certificate, old license, and last year's taxes. The people were nice, but good lord, it was more thorough than getting a passport. Oh well, all the illegals in Florida I guess. Good luck on the bathroom. Been there, done that many times. Can't wait to come to Florida after Thanksgiving, by the way. It's 18* and cloudy here. It's going to be 80* later today at the beach. Wish I was there now!
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:40 am

I live in a small town in Southeast Indiana. The license branch is only open three days a week. The people there are very nice. Wait times are rarely over five minutes. Going there is actually fun.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Rjathon....You my friend know how to party. lol!
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm

I went to the license branch today and got a new plate, title application, etc. It took less than ten minutes. I told the lady about the nightmare most people suffer in other locations and we all had a good chuckle. They appreciated that I appreciate how nice they are. Honestly, it was fun!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:20 pm

been driving around with a bathtub in the back for 3 days....need to drag it in the house tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 am

Is your house on a slab or a crawl space? Either way, no fun for a bath tub.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Got the tip I n the house now to install it after. Company leaves..

Car needs front bearings and a new PS pump. Lots of while and chatter.

I forgot how friggin cold R12 blows. Holy frosty the snowman!

Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Good to hear she's back on the road.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 pm

R 12, that's antique. Good it's still around.
Pete
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Dutch Pete wrote:
R 12, that's antique. Good it's still around.
Pete

i still have some of it, lol.   Right when they stopped the sale to the general public I bought a 30 lb can for about 200 US.  I've used about 5 lbs out of it.   I figure I have a lifetime supply for me anyway, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

back on the road! Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on the road!   back on the road! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

back on the road!
Page 1 of 1