GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

posting with pictures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa

posting with pictures Empty
PostSubject: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 am

I can post as long as I don't post pics, using Photobucket. What can I do? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 am

Some would say "you just did it"

The situation was deemed needed because of  inundation by spammers and sellers who had no interest in the forum, simply moving their wares. We figured if a person had an actual interest , all they had to do was made a few posts and they''d go active at that point.

The method of posting pictures is that the site does not store the actual picture, only the URL link. If you have a picture posted elsewhere, a simple link can direct the rest of us to view it. If you want the picture to actually show up here, it has to be posted or hosted elsewhere. personally I use a photobucket for nothing but forum related pics, no personal stuff.

For pictures found elsewhere, the secret is using the lower both case brackets usually found next to the letter P. Surround the phrase  img between both brackets at the beginning of the web link and the phrase  /img directly after the link, no spaces.

by example

here's the link inself:

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/lakeffect/media/TPI_ENGINEBAY.jpg.html

here's the  same link with the bracketed phrases img and /img before and after

[/url]posting with pictures TPI_ENGINEBAY
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 am

Papa, as Dave mentioned, this is a spammer countermeasure. 7 days or (I believe) 10 posts remove all restrictions.

Either way, you will be a full member on Wednesday.

Last edited by Superior Finish on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:19 am

In that picture it looks as though you are about to be swallowed by a whale!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:12 am

NOAH..

Who's calling?

NOAH  IT"S   GOD..   I AM  calling.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 am

I'm thinking Jonah here. Maybe it will spit you out in three days and you can save the world. That would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: posting with pictures   posting with pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

posting with pictures
Page 1 of 1